Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
if I go -1 in the front and +3 in the back will I be able to bring the front wheel up a lot easier in 3rd gear. I can bring it up in 3rd right now on stock sprockets but its kind of hard. The reason I dont bring it up in 2nd gear bc my bike has one of those
:bonk: special :bonk:

kawi trannys so I dont have 2nd gear. Let me know. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
now that wopuld be some serious gearing, and should have no problem pulling up 3rd on the throttle at like 50mph

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now that wopuld be some serious gearing, and should have no problem pulling up 3rd on the throttle at like 50mph
wait..... what? at like 50 mph I can only bring the front wheel up a little bit doing a stand up in 3rd gear but if im doing like 35mph though it easy. the gearing im fine with. I justbwant to figure out what sprocket size so I can pull them up easily in 3rd without losing all my top end. I don't want a huge ass sprocket that only lets me do 60mph top end. can't run from the 5-0 if your top speed is only 60mph lol

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
sorry man, once you say run from the 5-0 you lost me.
anything over 5 teeth and you are going to be run down by almost any Nissan/toyota/honda made (thats sad) on top end.

·
Registered
39 Posts
One of my friends has a 07 ZX-6R with a 60 tooth rear, which is +17. He tops at about 95 MPH, you'll be more then fine with -1 +3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts