Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i droped my 05 zzr about a mounth ago and now when i start the bike i cannot pull the clutch in or it will not turn over, and when i dont pull it in it starts fine, also it runs fine and shifts good. i do not remember if it did this before, just nervous that smething might be wrong, so any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Your bike shouldnt start unless the clutch lever is pulled in. It sounds like yours is backwards. I am sure it isnt a problem as long as you make sure its in nuetral each time but that is really weird. I have no clue why it would not start with the clutch pulled in. Unless the switch is messed up. Which side you drop the bike on?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i went down on the left side, it wont crank over if it is in gear eather so that is not a prob

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hmm....
You guys have me thinking.
My bike starts simply by holding down starter. Dont have to hold clutch (If I do it wont start). Kickstand position does not matter (starts up or down).

Fact is, I like it this way and it has never caused any problems.
I had always assumed this was correct (was like this since purchase), but now I am wondering if this is a faulty switch or something on my bike...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks it does not bother me either i was just worried something else might be wrong but if it is only the switch i think i will just leave it and spend the money on something else

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.