Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The question is when I pull the clutch while riding the rpms drop to its idle speed of around 1000 rpms. When I do this the cycle justs shuts off. I have no problem restarting it. Is it something I can fix or do I have to take it in. Would adjusting the idle speed solve that problem?

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
while i haven't worked on an 09 i highly doubt the idle speed cannot be adjusted. if it's not on a remote adjusting screw attached to the throttle bodies it's a screw directly mounted to the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Idle speed is computer controlled and therefore not adjustable. You may have a actual problem.
Are you stupid or something? How about you don't give "advice" from now on.

OP: Adjust the idle speed with the turn screw on the left side of the fairing.

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
this is why you triple-check wtf you just said and make sure that is what you mean.. big difference between choke and idle ;)

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
adjust your idle speed to around 1450ish
:plusone: You don't have to be exact, just in the ballpark. Keep bumping it up a smidge at a time until you no longer have the issue. 1k is too low for a 600cc bike to be idling.

Reactions: hoser

·
Registered
351 Posts
I've never messed with it but I thought it was fairly obvious that the black tube like thing sticking out beside the fairing with a turn dial on it must be the idle adjust?

It may or may not fix your probably. If your lucky that will be it and a simple fix.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Had the same exact problem on my 05 GSXR1000. Propped up the tank, adjusted the idle speed up a couple hundred rpm, and it never happened again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts