Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honestly how many of you guys have pulled wheelies on your 500's or even that matter your 250's, a friend of mine continues to tell me it's virtually impossible to do. I myself have done one, and he doesn't belive me, not that I give a shit, i'm just curious how many other guys have.

·
Registered
522 Posts
there is a post on that new ex500 site. guy says he can power wheelie, no clutch dumping at 9k+. you just gonna know how to do it i guess

·
Registered
206 Posts
I could power wheelie my KLR 650, but it wasn't easy. It helps if you are going up a steep incline. Get the bike to about 500 rpm above its peak torque in 1st or maybe 2nd. Let off the throttle until it drops to peak torque, then go WOT.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
you can pretty much wheelie any bike if you have the balls to go super high in the RPMs and then drop the clutch haha my neighbor does wheelies on his harley

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by bobthebiker
I havent done any on my 500. I have no business on one wheel with only 2k miles of riding experience.
That's a good point, I have a buddy who was trying them the SECOND day he owned his bike!!! I told him he should get more time under his belt before he tried them. He actually told me to shut the fuck up because I didn't know what I was talking about.

I guess karma caught up to him because around 2 weeks after that he laid it down in traffic while doing a wheelie, plus he was aressted for reckless driving, reckless endangerment and a few other things I can't think of right now

·
Registered
28 Posts
whats the process to doing a wheelie on a 250? i would love to pull one at my msf(sp) the motorcycle class lol next week when they have the next class im gonna wheelie by

·
Registered
875 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally posted by skoalman2k5
whats the process to doing a wheelie on a 250? i would love to pull one at my msf(sp) the motorcycle class lol next week when they have the next class im gonna wheelie by
You can launch from about 8000 RPM while stopped, or while rolling slowly in 1st gear rev it up and ease the clutch out. You have to be careful though. Don't rev it up and let the clutch out like turning on a light switch.

·
Registered
415 Posts
its possible, you just have to know how to work your clutch

1 - 15 of 15 Posts