Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions for you guys please. After you take off the cables of the exhaust valve servo (under the seat), does the bike run ok? Is the check engine on? If yes, is there a way to shut it off? Please let me know. Thanks so much everyone.

·
Registered
467 Posts
if you take off only the cables, you should NOT get a FI light. i took my servo motor off and like the genius that i am, tossed it. now for a couple ounces, i have to pay over $100 to get that damned light off...

i have an 07 zx6r, but it should be the same basic principle.

·
Registered
147 Posts
if you take off only the cables, you should NOT get a FI light. i took my servo motor off and like the genius that i am, tossed it. now for a couple ounces, i have to pay over $100 to get that damned light off...

i have an 07 zx6r, but it should be the same basic principle.
:plusone:

If you just detach the cables you're fine. If you want to remove the servo it's gonna cost you $$.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For Riders who have the M4 GP Exhaust

Did you remap the fuel and re-jet?

If you didn't, why and is there a difference in the bike.

Is it harmful on the bike if you dont remap/rejet

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Did you remap the fuel and re-jet?

If you didn't, why and is there a difference in the bike.

Is it harmful on the bike if you dont remap/rejet
Rejetting is for carbuereted bikes. We have fuel injected bikes, and we use maps from a power commander or some other electronic unit.

No, it is not harmful. You may want to get a map when you have a full system since your bike may be running extra lean. Running lean causes problems on its own, like performance loss and high engine temp.

If you just have a slip on, then do not worry about it unless you want some HP gain.

·
Registered
143 Posts
All Full Systems & Slip-on's remove the EXUP (exhaust butterfly) valve. duh !

Most slip-on's also require removal of the pre-muffler expansion chamber (which many people seem to think is the cat - the cats (there's 2 of them) are actually located in the headers).

The EXUP valve increases back pressure at lower engine speeds, so removing it will cause the engine to run a little lean at lower revs. A PC V (with a suitable fuel map) will fix that issue.

Its also worth fitting 'block off' plates to the 'clean air injection system' when you fit a slip-on in mho.
Will help to reduce 'exhaust popping' on a closed throttle while decelerating.
Its also a 'must do' mod when dyno running with a PC V, to get an accurate map.

You can obtain 'block off' kits from ebay
2008, 2009, ZX10R, ZX10 Engine, Smog, Block Off Plates : eBay Motors (item 280486646076 end time Apr-29-10 15:06:03 PDT)

or indysuperbikes
Ivans Air Induction Removal - Kawasaki ZX6R - Indysuperbikes

Thrash1982 did an excellent installation writeup (thanks mate). Link attached below;
http://www.kawiforums.com/2009-zx-6r/146108-09-zx6r-ivans-block-off-plate-install.html

Let us know how you get on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts