Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '03 zx6r was hit by a women in a grocery getter, who drove away after doing cosmetic damage which is now being repaired. It pushed the signal into the fairing, scratched the crank case, damaged the front fairing, clipped off the peg on R side, and dented the canister. Took it to Kawi dealer and was $3,000, which insurance covered. However, all parts are in except canister, which won't be in for 1-2 months since they don't have very many extras in the country. Talked to dealer, and they said I can get a slip / bolt on from aftermarket and they will pay same price as Kawi's canister ($500). I know Yosh and Micron make canisters for '03 ninjas, but anyone else? I was looking at the Yosh carbon fiber tri-oval race slip on for $489. Does it make a difference that I only have 400 miles on the bike and already am adding aftermarket piping?

Chicks dig scars

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
You'll be fine. And yes, plenty of people already have slip on systems available for the 636, including Akrapovic, Two Brothers, Hindle, Muzzy, Laser, and more. All of them are going to be a step up in terms of weight (ie lighter), sound, and almost all in power output too (albeit not huge before everybody jumps on me for saying this)...

Don't put the stock pipe back on the bike, at least I sure wouldn't... consider that the "blessing in disguise" about having been hit... although I definitely feel for ya right now as I'm sure everybody in this forum does, it almost gives me a sick feeling.

I remember on the way home from Shannonville Motorsport Park this past year, about 10 of us stopped into a highway restaurant and parked in the lot and went in to grab a bite. Some lady comes running in saying she had hit someone's bike and knocked it over. 1/10th relief when you found out it wasn't yours, but man did I feel sick for the poor guy who had to go out, pick up his bike, and contain himself from throttling the lady, who at least had the decency to come in and tell us...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I opted for a two brothers c5 carbon fiber pipe that was $489 with delivery. I am going to continue with the carbon fiber theme and make my own fender elimintor with carbon fiber tail lights and carbon fiber front flush mount turn signals. If someone tells me how to post pictures from a digital picture, I will show you what $3,000 cosmetic damage to a '03 zx6r looks like.

Chicks dig scars

·
Registered
40 Posts
you have to set the pictures up on a website or a server and then load them from the website, you can do this through several different companies, yahoo.com makes a web pager maker that workes pretty well, I just made a website and linked to it. Good luck

'03 Black Ninja ZX636R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.