Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one tried a quick action throtle on a ZXR 05, can any one recomend any brand and where I can find one??

Thanks

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
There's a thread on them in the "Group Buys" section.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Ok man you have several options on this....

1. Do the Zip tie mod
2. BG Racing makes an insert
3. Rifleman makes a modified set-up
4. Complete new assembly

I did the New assembly option on my ZX6R but have yet to install it, will do that this week, as i want to get some riding in...
You'll see my set-up in the group buy section.
If you want more specifics, just PM me

·
Registered
84 Posts
Originally posted by jdgun_13
Ok man you have several options on this....

1. Do the Zip tie mod
2. BG Racing makes an insert
3. Rifleman makes a modified set-up
4. Complete new assembly

I did the New assembly option on my ZX6R but have yet to install it, will do that this week, as i want to get some riding in...
You'll see my set-up in the group buy section.
If you want more specifics, just PM me
zip tie mod?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Zip-tie is simple cut a Zip-tie put underneath the throttle cables, i fits just right and does 1/5 for less then a couple pennies...

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Originally posted by hoser
ive been running riflemans kit since last year and love it... cant go wrong for $25 either!!! look in the how-to section over at zx-10r.net and you'll find it.
[:++1] I've also got Riflemans insert. Works awsome, simple to install. And he is an outstanding person, kick ass customer service.

·
Registered
176 Posts
:+1: I have Rifleman's kit on my zx-10r and have one for my 636 but haven't installed it yet. Both inserts have the same part # if I'm not mistaken, and he is a great guy too [8D]

·
Registered
950 Posts
Originally posted by jdgun_13
Zip-tie is simple cut a Zip-tie put underneath the throttle cables, i fits just right and does 1/5 for less then a couple pennies...
Didn't find it on a search. Is there a step by stop on the zip tie mod?

·
Registered
738 Posts
i installed riflemans's insert last month, and it is awesome. he is a great guy, fast shipping too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks think I will go for a complete change.. I am too scared of a sticky throtle!!, just too dangerous after an 800mt straight.

I run a stock pipe on my race bike, have not put together the money for a full system, I am thinking of making the following changes to the exhaust - I want to make to remove the current exhaust and put in a megaphone (similar to the suzuki gp bike, will make it as light as possible. For those of you who running a slip on / end can, does the exup come off when you change it... from what ever I could make out without removing the tail section, they are attached togeather. So do you guys run the bikes with out the exup?? if you do, how much richer % wise would you run the map on the PC3, and do you guys also run airfilters, in setup like this??

Thanks

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm up for seeing pictures of this zip tie mod...anyone actually done this?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Let me fire up the old laptop and i will get the link from my favorites..As if you bought an insert from any of the places selling them, BG racing or who ever else, you willl see what you are actually getting is a formed zip-tie...

·
Registered
394 Posts
[:TTIWWOP]...of the zip tie mod

·
Registered
90 Posts
Originally posted by hoser
ive been running riflemans kit since last year and love it... cant go wrong for $25 either!!! look in the how-to section over at zx-10r.net and you'll find it.
i did this about 2 weeks ago... one of the greatest mod!!! riflemans product all the way!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.