Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ninja 650
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 ninja 650
Would an ecu flash provide a noticeable performance change with the stock exhaust system?
Logically to me it seems like it would, to allow the bike to perform better than it’s factory tuning would allow bc emissions and crap. But I don’t see many other people considering ecu flashes unless it’s bc they got an aftermarket exhaust so I just wanted to make sure. Not wanting to change the exhaust system right now but have heard opening up the bike’s potential by undoing the factory’s limits can upgrade power and such. Thanks! 🤙🏼🤙🏼

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
The change will be more noticeable in smoothness of response and a fuller feeling throttle. You would not be able to feel much difference in outright power even by changing the exhaust. The ecu flash is always worth doing though, you just have to find the right place to do it.

·
Registered
2018 Ninja 650
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The change will be more noticeable in smoothness of response and a fuller feeling throttle. You would not be able to feel much difference in outright power even by changing the exhaust. The ecu flash is always worth doing though, you just have to find the right place to do it.
Awesome, thanks. Just wanted to see if there was any reason no one seems to just do the flash. Only have noticed people doing them because they changed the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Awesome, thanks. Just wanted to see if there was any reason no one seems to just do the flash. Only have noticed people doing them because they changed the exhaust.
You are welcome, yes, modern bikes have to adhere to extremely harsh emissions regulations, they are basically catalytic converters on wheels, so a targeted ecu flash can work wonders even without a new pipe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts