Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm having a couple of hooks made to tie down my bike and forgot to get the dimensions yesterday. If u have the time could u measure from center hole to center hole on on the passenger foot pegs. Also if possible the diameter of the bolt as well. Thanks I appreciate it!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hole to hole(center) I was getting 3.730" and the minor diameter of the hole is .250". I'm assuming they're like 1/4-20 bolts, but am not 100%. I just had calipers next to my bike with my passenger pegs removed. Good idea you have.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! Thanks man I really appreciate it. They are in work as I speak right now. I really didn't feel like payin 80 bucks for some hooks I could make myself. And since i have the resources and its just used for transporting the bike im not to concerned on how it looks. As we say in aviation.. fit, form and function. As soon as they're done ill post some pics and everything in case anyone else wants to make their own.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well they're not finished yet but this where I'm at so far. I've gotta do a little more trimming and cleaning up around the edges tomorrow when I get some down time at work. But I thought I would share the idea with y'all in case anyone is interested in tryin the same thing. ImageUploadedByMO Free1375229142.340251.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts