Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, great site... picked up a few tips from it, along with a new riding pal (cyberdos)

need some quick advise.. my 01 w/4300 miles has original tires and brake pads... is this ok? I changed the oil & filter two weeks ago, but can't really tell if brakes and tires need attention..
not that knowledgeable on bikes... I can and will do the work myself though...(don't trust mechanics)

what should I look for? how bout outdoor winter storage in NYC? don't want to take bike apart but will do whatever i can to keep her fresh for spring..

thanks

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the brakes. Just look inside the calipers, and if you see plenty of pad material, you're good to go. I'd keep an eye on them at around 8k miles, though.

As for the tires, if you have plenty of tread, no worries there.

And for storing the bike here in NYC, well, if you can ride it for at least 20 miles once a week, you don't need to go through any winter prep stuff. I'm still riding my bikes,so if you wanted, you can just give me your bike, and I'll ride it all winter for you, too! :D

My trips to and from work run me 20 miles each way along the Belt, Van Wyck, and the LIE 5 nights a week. My bike has been fine for 2 winters now, never stored.

BC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.