Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Something else, why?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right everyone. Just a couple of days till the frame gets powder coated, from the very first moment I decided it would be black. Now seeing this: http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/462-bikes-sale/234637-fs-2007-kawasaki-zx6r.html got me hesitating, should it be gold but with a little more gloss?

Paint will be pearl white with gold details and wheels will be gold with polished lips or white. Nothing else on the bike will remain gold, including brakes and forks.

So, your opinion may or may not be taken into account but at least I've asked what the majority thinks. :)

·
Pursebully
38,898 Posts
That gold frame was hideous.:puke:

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i'm not liking the gold frame, it did look like a great job of it being done tho.

i'd go with black

·
Registered
129 Posts
if you can do the same anodized finish that is on the forks and other parts then is would look sick gold. not the gold that is in that picture

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the company has come up with their own special gold for show purposes as standard powder gold is somewhat matte and kind of yellowish-orange in color. Haven't seen those marketing pieces though so I would be diving with my eyes closed.

I myself don't really like the gold of forks and calipers, the new rims are in that color and I'm considering powdering them white. Just noticed that the bearings have to be replaced anyway, so...

The bad thing about gold frame and swing arm is that it limits the future colors for the bike. Anything goes with black but gold is a different story. When I get bored to the white scheme, next one will be something bright and brash.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I would go gloss black.
I don't know what the Finland police schemes are but I saw a pic of an R1 on the track somewhere, and it had a American police scheme and looked pretty sick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts