Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my PCIII and they say disconnect the stock wiring harness from the lower injectors at the throttle bodies.Plug the PCIII connectors in-line of the stock injectors and wiring harness.Here comes my question,what happens with the stock wiring harness from the lower injectors that I had to disconect from the throttle bodies?It looks on the pictures that they just will hang loose around next to the PCIII connectors.Will I have to plug them in somewhere else?
Also after attaching the ground wire to the negative battery side do I have to use a 9 volt batterie or will this not be necessary?
First time ever using a PC so better asking question then messing something up.
Thanks for all the help already.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
You will be basically plugging the PC3 harness in-line with the factory harness. Just unplug the main injector plugs, plug them into the PC3 harness, then plug the other end back into the injector. The other plug goes inline with the TPS sensor. Try to plumb the harness so that it wont melt on anything hot. I just used some zip ties to make sure the plugs stayed put as they ran along the fuel rail.

The 9v battery is only needed to do map work with the bike not running. The 6R will NOT provide power to the PC3 when the ignition is turned on and the bike is not running. Kinda like the headlights.

I use the 9v to adjust the TPS zero setting, as you can turn on the ignition and turn the throttle and check the TPS setting.

The PC3 basically just intercepts the factory computers injector pulses and reconfigures them before sneding them to the injector. The TPS connection is needed to tell the PC3 how much the throttle is open, hence how the map works.

·
Registered
390 Posts
i just bought a pc3 and they uploaded the map already for my exhaust. do i need to mess with anything or do i just install it? when i connect the pc to my computer to look at the map the throttle is at -20. is that normal?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just hook it up. If the green bar on the PC3 moves up and down when you rev it, the PC3 is working correctly. Don't know about the -20 reading.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.