Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st of all i just bought a 2001 zx6r. Anyways while the bike is on at neutral, when I try to click it down to 1st to go in gear, it has this little vibration.shaking/rattling noise that kinda bounces then goes away. It only does this when coming from neutral to 1st gear. The bike runs smooth and nothing wrong with tranny other than that quick shaking/rattling.

Also while holding the clutch lever down in 1st gear, it sometimes starts to move forward slightly, I'm pretty sure this is clutch engagement adjustment but figured Id ask anyways. If you guys can help please let me know.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
The creping with the clutch held in can be adjusted out, using the adjusters on the clutch cable.

As for the shaking/rattling thing, I'm going to guess that it might be the cush-drive in the rear wheel hub. That's the sort of thing that happens when the cush-drive (which is basically a rubber cushioning block) is worn.

If you watch the rear sprocket when you go from neutral to first gear, you'll see the rear sprocket move around a bit. It's normal for it to move a little bit, but if it's moving more than, say, half an inch or so, then it's probably time for a new cush-drive.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how does a cush drive look like and where is this located? SO once i replace this cush drive rubber, it will fix the little rattling once i put it in gear?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
If the cush-drive is the problem, then yes, it will. If the cush-drive is not the problem, then no, it won't fix it.

The cush-drive is the bit with the big grey arrow pointing to it:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.