Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i dont want to double post but i wanted to know is there a thread in the ninja 250r forum that suggests what a person should look for when buying a used 08 250. You know like things to check look over test etc. thanks

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks mods you all can delete if you like.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Going to buy a used 2008 250 tomorrow...hopefully!

Hey there,

New to the forum so if this is in the wrong section be nice! I read over the rules so I am guessing its OK to post this here.

So anyways I am going to my local dealer tomorrow (Massachusetts) to look at a black 2008 Ninja 250, with about 2000 miles on it. This is my first motorcycle so I am totally new to this.

I guess I am wondering if anyone has anything I should pay close attention to on the bike to ensure I am not buying a problem. Again this is from a reputable dealer, but I want to make sure I am not buying a problem.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The first thing you need to realize is that you are buying a motorcycle and they do require more maintenance than a car does mainly for safety reasons. The nice thing is that most maintenance is pretty quick and pretty easy but you should know you are in for some work unless you are planning to bring it to the dealer for everything.

On an 08 with 2k miles I don't think there is very much to look for esp when getting it from a dealer but wiggle everything and ask a lot of questions. I would personally ask for proof that the 500 mile scheduled service was done Service Schedule - Ninja250Wiki

·
Registered
5 Posts
The first thing you need to realize is that you are buying a motorcycle and they do require more maintenance than a car does mainly for safety reasons. The nice thing is that most maintenance is pretty quick and pretty easy but you should know you are in for some work unless you are planning to bring it to the dealer for everything.

On an 08 with 2k miles I don't think there is very much to look for esp when getting it from a dealer but wiggle everything and ask a lot of questions. I would personally ask for proof that the 500 mile scheduled service was done Service Schedule - Ninja250Wiki

Thanks for your reply.I plan on doing much of the maintenance, when needed, by myself. My girlfriends father has been riding for 30+ years and is more than willing to help me when needed.

That being said, I have always bought new machines (a jet ski, my car, and a boat), so I have been hesitant to buy a used bike. That being said I decided to go used because A. its my first bike, and B. because it fits my price range.

Are there any common issues I should check for so that I don't walk out and realize I bought a problem?(common issues you 250 owners may have encountered). Also any tips for negotiations? And I am sure this has been answered before but any new tips people have encountered would help.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
123 Posts
im not a good negotiator so i cant help you but according to my brother if you lay down a price and they dont want to do it get up and start walking away. so if the price was $3500 offer them 3k if they come back and say $3500 get up and walk out, they need the sale as much as you need to save money. it might not be a crap load of commision but it is commission.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts