Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
347 Posts
Well I bit the bullet and paid the bucks for the Kawi Race Kit throttle, something like $425.00. OUCH!!!

But, it fits perfect, works perfect and looks great. The same throttle that the Attack race bikes use. Now that I actually have it, and have used it I am pleased with it despite the price. Worth the money in my opinion due to the fact it fits perfect, works perfect. Something to be said about that when talking about a throttle.

Lot of people buy the Rifleman insert then complain about the throttle being stiff, not springing back closed all the way, having to dremel and cut off the throttle cable ends. Not adjustability left.

Very pleased with the Kawi race parts in spite of the co$t though I concede it is NOT for everyone, or for that matter, not for many due to the co$t.
JJ

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have Rifleman's insert and it works great. I didn't have to cut any cables and still have full adjustability. I did have to use a Dremel and grind the inside of the throttle housing.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Well I bit the bullet and paid the bucks for the Kawi Race Kit throttle, something like $425.00. OUCH!!!

But, it fits perfect, works perfect and looks great. The same throttle that the Attack race bikes use. Now that I actually have it, and have used it I am pleased with it despite the price. Worth the money in my opinion due to the fact it fits perfect, works perfect. Something to be said about that when talking about a throttle.

Lot of people buy the Rifleman insert then complain about the throttle being stiff, not springing back closed all the way, having to dremel and cut off the throttle cable ends. Not adjustability left.

Very pleased with the Kawi race parts in spite of the co$t though I concede it is NOT for everyone, or for that matter, not for many due to the co$t.
JJ
I have the kit throttle on my bike as well! Its one awsome mod to have! The price is a little steap for one, but if you can find a used one grab it up!

·
Registered
975 Posts
I purchased rifle mans also but its just sitting in my garage after I got it and saw it I would not trust it at all on the track its made ver very cheap.So Im already putting cash aside for a race one but I did find them cheaper over seas like 150.00 instead of US price of like 500.00 lol

·
Registered
142 Posts
I also did the ziptie version and I am happy with it. I figured it was worth a try since it really didn't cost me anything.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Doe's anyone know if the R1 throttle tube will work on our bikes? It's cheap and has fit just about all other bikes. I might have to look into that.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
With that zip tie mod I'm curious how that's even going to stay on. I know the cable should hold it in and with the help of a little glue it should stay, but it didn't take that much effort to rip it off of the housing. So if the cable keeps rubbing against that zip tie, I bet eventually it'll break the glue and come off...I think the PVC pipe is a better idea.

·
Banned
347 Posts
With that zip tie mod I'm curious how that's even going to stay on. I know the cable should hold it in and with the help of a little glue it should stay, but it didn't take that much effort to rip it off of the housing. So if the cable keeps rubbing against that zip tie, I bet eventually it'll break the glue and come off...I think the PVC pipe is a better idea.

You make a good point, I have read several posts where that has even happened.

This quick turn throttle is a fun mod, but be careful with this mod. Even with the glued on PVC piece.

·
Banned
347 Posts
The more expensive Kawasaki solution is billet CNC aluminum. The same part #s are for both the ZX6 and the ZX10. All the parts are machined and high quality. When I first saw these in the AMA paddock I didn't like how they looked. But knowing what they are and the high quality of manufacture, it changed how I feel about the looks. Now I like the distinctive look.

The accurate machining results is a bind-free action which works flawlessly. I wanted to maintain the high level of quality of the machine. The 60 degree throttle is designed for optimal performance as its built to racing specs.

I wasn't sure if I would like the 60 degree throttle, especially at $425. But I went ahead and ordered one.

This throttle works much better than I could have hoped for. The feel of the throttle is great. No problems with controling power. Even when at max lean angle, no problem rolling on the throttle. I don't understand why the bike doesn't come this way.

Installation requires the removal of the left side frame rail on the ZX10R. This is actually a fairly easy installation.

Aside from the co$t, :eek: I highly recommend.

These pix are from when I had it installed on my BLUE 2008 10R (since sold) but I removed it before sellling it and its now installed on my GREEN 2008 10R.

JJ

Attachments

·
Registered
738 Posts
JimmyJam:
Please explain, you had to remove part of the left frame?

·
Banned
347 Posts
JimmyJam:
Please explain, you had to remove part of the left frame?
On the ZX10R the left upper frame rail or upper engine mount is what it is. Held on by 3 bolts. Easy to remove. This gives you easier access to the throttle bodies pulley as the Kawasaki part comes with new cables and they have to be attached to that pulley after the stock cables come off. Looks kind of hard but its rather easy.

JJ

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you take your time I think the PVC works great, its takes some time and patience and some good glue but once your there I don't think you'll ever have to worry about it, I've got over 1000 miles on mine and it's fine.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts