Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today BWM dealership caught my attention, could not resist to test the S100RR.

damn fast bike. handled nicely. i really liked the stock QS system that these bikes come with. up-shift at full throttle was effortless.

how can i achieve this for ZX6R ? which kit to get ? how hard is it to install ?

edify us please...

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Assuming you do not currently have a fuel controller you can check out our stand alone quickshifter module part #4-118
This unit allows any vehicle with 4 cylinders or less (motorcycle, ATV, mini sprint, etc.) to have quick shifter functionality without the need for a Power Commander. It comes with “coil cap” style connectors for easy installation on most late model motorcycles. For applications that do not have this style of coil the connectors can be removed and the unit hard wired in.
· User adjustable “kill times”
· Uses any of the Dynojet Quick Shifter sensors (PCIII style)
· Universal fit
· Adaptive shift technology for seamless low RPM/Throttle shifts

You will also need a sensor that goes in place of your stock shift rod to activate it. For stock shift patter you would need a 4-102 and for GP shift a 4-101. Any questions let us know.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
488 Posts
It's easy as. You can have it with or without a fuel module. It was mentioned they have a 'stand alone' unit which means WITHOUT the need for a Power commander.

I have the Bazzaz QS which is a fuel management system with a quickshifter. It works like a dream. I've sampled the S1000RR as well and to be honest I prefer the Bazzaz.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
PM hardracing on here. They're a site vendor. Tell them I sent you. They can set you up with everything you'll need!
-Cody

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's easy as. You can have it with or without a fuel module. It was mentioned they have a 'stand alone' unit which means WITHOUT the need for a Power commander.

I have the Bazzaz QS which is a fuel management system with a quickshifter. It works like a dream. I've sampled the S1000RR as well and to be honest I prefer the Bazzaz.
this ?
Bazzaz.net - Z-Fi QS ZX6R 09-11

$800+ ?

i don't understand, where is the lever and link ?

i would like to "be educated" so i know what's available and what works best.
the BMW was the first bike i ever rode that had QS, have nothing to compare.

·
Registered
488 Posts
The same one only it is actually $359, stand alone or $599 for the one with the fuel management system.

Bazzaz Performance TC Z-Fi Zfi Quickshifter QS4 Traction Control Fuel Injection

There's no 'lever', if you look in the picture from the link I sent you, there's a cabled rolled up with a small black box in the middle next to the Bazzaz unit. You plug that cable to the Bazzaz (which plugs to the bike's ECU and coil) and the small black box you have to fit to the shift rod on your bike.

It honestly sounds more complicated than it is... But if you're not used to working on your bike, just get a mechanic to do it, it shouldn't take him more than 30min.

Hell, you can even go one better and get the model with Traction Control for $689... ;)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The same one only it is actually $359, stand alone or $599 for the one with the fuel management system.

Bazzaz Performance TC Z-Fi Zfi Quickshifter QS4 Traction Control Fuel Injection

There's no 'lever', if you look in the picture from the link I sent you, there's a cabled rolled up with a small black box in the middle next to the Bazzaz unit. You plug that cable to the Bazzaz (which plugs to the bike's ECU and coil) and the small black box you have to fit to the shift rod on your bike.

It honestly sounds more complicated than it is... But if you're not used to working on your bike, just get a mechanic to do it, it shouldn't take him more than 30min.

Hell, you can even go one better and get the model with Traction Control for $689... ;)
ok. are there any issues with the stand-alone ? which one do you have ?
is the model w. fuel management similar to PC5 ?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
309 Posts
No need to buy any thing just get ur RPM High enough and shift i can do this on mine and it is a Brand new bike

·
Registered
488 Posts
It won't shift unless you roll off the throttle even if just a little. Your bike may be new/old/whatever and you can be in whatever RPM you want, it won't shift.

Oh... and no, it won't clash with the XTRE, totally unrelated products.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I'm not too happy with DynoJet lately. I've needed plugs on 3 separate occasions and I feel like I'm being raped every time. The last time I ordered from them they threw in an extra connector for free which was awesome of them, but I still felt like I paid for it under their pricing.

I have my autotune plug literally have wires just fall out. It's all under my tail section and never gets touched, so I don't know how this happened.

Its a 6", 2 connector (one on each end), 4 wire plug and they want $17 for it.

I doubt I'll be getting another PC product. This is something that should not have broke and definitely shouldn't cost almost $20 to replace.
-Cody

·
Hooligan
1,704 Posts
It won't shift unless you roll off the throttle even if just a little. Your bike may be new/old/whatever and you can be in whatever RPM you want, it won't shift.

Oh... and no, it won't clash with the XTRE, totally unrelated products.
i can full throttle shift on my 09 no problem without rolling off at all ...

but i think ur referring to clutchless ...u can get on n off the clutch within half a second [or close enough]

·
Registered
488 Posts
i can full throttle shift on my 09 no problem without rolling off at all ...

but i think ur referring to clutchless ...u can get on n off the clutch within half a second [or close enough]
Yes, I did mean clutchless. I mean, why would you do that using the clutch unless you were trying to wheelie?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts