Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any one has installed a quickshifter on there '03 yet i was thinking of getting one but would like a bit of feed back on pros and cons....
Cheers

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
How does a quickshifter work?! Is this just reversing the pattern to GP style, or does it allow you to shift without the clutch...(I know we have that stock system that allows you to do that, but I never ever use it, can't be good)

just curious

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
A quickshifter allows full-throttle clutchless upshifts by moving the shift lever or pressing a button. You can get many lever shifters in either a regular or a reverse pattern.

I like the Translogic shifter from translogicuk.com. If you have a USB Power Commander, you can now add a shifter from powercommander.com.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Be sure and get an electrical one, not the compressed air powered ones used for drag racing.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was actually looking at the Translogic shifter looks pretty tidy and reasonably priced. On there web site they say they're suitable for street bikes and superbikes so i would assume they are eletric i will have to look into it, cheers Gary

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The Translogic shifter is electro-mechanical.

It is smoother than most because it adapts the ignition cutout to the revs and then feeds power back progressively to the engine, one pair of coils before another. You fan the clutch longer at lower revs than at higher revs; if the shifter is not rev-adaptive or rev-adjustable, the cutout will be either too short at low revs (rough) or too long at high revs (slow).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.