Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered these from R&G and installed them the other day. they look really good, and they were pretty easy to install. one note though: there a NUT on the bolts that are supposed to come out for the sliders. my friends 750 was just threaded, so when i took the bolt out i heard the nut fall and it was a PITA to find inside the fairing... :(

:D

Rob
www.oldoldz.com

·
Registered
118 Posts
They look great, those are the only ones i've seen that I like. looking for some closer to home but if not that is the way to go.
:D

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the credit card statement says i ordered them on 3/20/03, and i just got them last friday, 4/4/03, so it took two weeks to get 'em, but they were worth it to me. [8D]

Rob
www.oldoldz.com

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i ordered them online from www.rg-racing.com , and yes, they ship Airborne Express from England.

just click on Products and then Crash Protectors will pop up. You can "check bike compatibility" or "buy now" from that window.

have fun --

Rob
www.oldoldz.com

·
Registered
880 Posts
I wish i had found this site before i week down about 2 weeks ago:(!!! Hey thanks i just order a set of frame sliders, so watch me not have another fall for a while now:(!! Thanks and ciao.

Keep both wheels off the ground

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok, Whats the trick on getting the Right side one on with the castled nut.. Had mine for 2 weeks and cant get the engine mount hex bolt out?! Dont wanna force anything or ride around with only one side on.. kinda defeats the purpose.. ANy help would be appreciated.. Rob, You got mail! Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Rob, Thanks, I got them on today... With the right tool I was able to break the hex bolt free to get em on there.. Apreciate your reply..

·
Registered
344 Posts
Rob, please post your email so we can all see what you did. I'm ordering the sliders right now and any insight into getting them installed correctly would be appreciated.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the email just had to do with the nuts that have to come out. TOOLS wasnt sure if the castle nut had to be touched, because he was having trouble getting the bolt out with an alan key. i suggested he use a ratchet with a hex socket, which would give him more levergae. if you need any more details, just shoot me an email -- good luck

·
Registered
344 Posts
A set of sliders was ordered from http://www.rg-racing.com. They took a week to get delivered by first class mail. Pretty good delivery time considering they came from England.

The question is how tight should the bolts be torqued? The directions state to tighten them until they quit turning. That's pretty vagued. Does any one out there know the proper torque for the original engine mounting bolts?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
530 Posts
..."crashtested." Not exactly. Dropped the bike on the left side while doing a very tight and slow 270-degree u-turn. [B)] I scratched the stator cover but that's it. No scratches on anything else, not even the blinkers or the pegs. I'm glad I had these sliders!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi nX MX5!
I just read your post about this R&G frame sliders..am very interested to get them.
But i have a question ????
How much did you pay in $$$ ?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
they were pretty expensive. i think the conversion came out to just about $90...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.