Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend, out partying...having a good time, School is back in session. I see a buddy of mine that I haven't seen in 3 months. We chat, drink a beer, and exchange numbers. We had planned to go out riding sometime this week. I took pictures with all the chicks at the party, and never got around to taking a pic WITH him. I complained about how I loved his bike and hated mine. He told me to be safe on my ninja and make sure I called him so we could ride. I left and put the bike up, then got in my truck.

Saturday came around, I was going to go riding...but it was cold, I went to the club instead. (this is where I blame myself for his spill) I should've called him, we should've went out together riding. So anyways, Saturday night... He's riding in his hometime late at night on the backroads. I was told he was on a dirtbike, meaning no headlights. A deer crosses his path, and he crashes... Lays out in the street until someone found the bike there. Called the cops and said "Someone lost a motorcycle". Cops came, picked up the bike, and it was still hot and bloody. Then they find a dead deer, and then find him there in a ditch and rushed him to the hospital. Keep in mind that this is one of the smallest towns in Michigan... they have nothing but a prison and some farms. Giovvanni died at approx 1:30 am Sunday 8/13/06.... He wasn't wearing his headgear when the accident happened, he wasn't planning on riding it...that was just his only way home.
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

The saddest part is that I had no clue that Friday night would be the last time seeing him. So basically I'm all fucked up in the head at the moment, but at the same time I'm handling it well...
I no longer blame myself...

I attended the funeral services on Wed, August 15th... which coincidentally happened to be the "Junior Halfway Party", meaning on this day, he would have officially made it through 50% of college. He'd always told his parent how he was so cold, he asked them "not to bury him in the cold ground" so he will be put in a vase...

:'-(

Rest in peace Giovanni Bellissimo, 20 years old
Much love bro

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Prayers go out to his family and friends.
RIP

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
no matter how many times i read/hear these stories, they never get any easier.

RIP

·
Premium Member
5,831 Posts
Another sad story. I'm glad you're not blaming yourself, anymore. Loosing a friend is never easy.

Does anybody have any estimate of how long he was there before rescuers found him?

RIP

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no not sure... but...the motorcycle was still warm. Meaning that either it wasn't that long ago, or that the bike someway somehow stayed running (i can't see this happening though)

·
Registered
181 Posts
some thing happend to me..i didnt get to ride wid my buddy 1 last time eater...its like he was here and now hes gone..i feal u on this one bro.. R.I.P.
sorry to hear that.[V]

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Sorry to hear that bro, there is nothing you could have done, you never got to say good bye but you got something better, a few last laughs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.