Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this dyno chart in th R1 forum. Seems the rear tyre horsepower well down in camparison to the other litre bikes. Yamaha look out it seems the King has arrived ZX10r

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by zx6raust
I came across this dyno chart in th R1 forum. Seems the rear tyre horsepower well down in camparison to the other litre bikes. Yamaha look out it seems the King has arrived ZX10r

Well before I start calling the ZX10R king, I'd have to actually know what the rear wheel horsepower is.

On another note, I was seriously surprised to see that it was only 150.7 rear stock. I mean, thats a hell of a lot of horsepower from the crank to the rear. Makes you wonder just how accurate the 181 on the R1 is.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Whoa, the peak power comes near 13K rpm [8D]. That baby loves to rev...

I came across this dyno chart in th R1 forum. Seems the rear tyre horsepower well down in camparison to the other litre bikes. Yamaha look out it seems the King has arrived ZX10r[}:)]
I haven't seen any rwhp figures for ZX-10R or CBR1000RR yet. If you have the figures, please share the info.

MCN has dynoed zx-10r (181hp @ the crank) and cbr1000rr (178 @ the crank), so zx-10r has probably max. 3-5 hp more at the rear wheel than the new R1 so the difference is not going to be huge if the figures are correct. Still I'd rather wait and see when all the bikes are dynoed in same dyno in similar conditions before I start claiming which of the new literbikes is the most powerful...

Originally posted by CDRacingZX6R
On another note, I was seriously surprised to see that it was only 150.7 rear stock. I mean, thats a hell of a lot of horsepower from the crank to the rear. Makes you wonder just how accurate the 181 on the R1 is.
The claimed 181 is probably quite accurate. Yamaha has a history of publishing a bit optimistic power figures for their sport models. Still if R1 punts out more than 150 rwhp it must have very near 180 at the crank.

150+ rwhp is very good anyway, R1 has finally left GSX-R1000 behind in the engine department.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by Routa
Whoa, the peak power comes near 13K rpm [8D]. That baby loves to rev...

I came across this dyno chart in th R1 forum. Seems the rear tyre horsepower well down in camparison to the other litre bikes. Yamaha look out it seems the King has arrived ZX10r[}:)]
I haven't seen any rwhp figures for ZX-10R or CBR1000RR yet. If you have the figures, please share the info.

MCN has dynoed zx-10r (181hp @ the crank) and cbr1000rr (178 @ the crank), so zx-10r has probably max. 3-5 hp more at the rear wheel than the new R1 so the difference is not going to be huge if the figures are correct. Still I'd rather wait and see when all the bikes are dynoed in same dyno in similar conditions before I start claiming which of the new literbikes is the most powerful...

Originally posted by CDRacingZX6R
The claimed 181 is probably quite accurate. Yamaha has a history of publishing a bit optimistic power figures for their sport models. Still if R1 punts out more than 150 rwhp it must have very near 180 at the crank.

150+ rwhp is very good anyway, R1 has finally left GSX-R1000 behind in the engine department.
German dyno tests of the new R1, 10R, and GSXR.

http://www.lkmpower.de/tuning kits/zx10r_neu.htm

http://www.lkmpower.de/tuning kits/r1_04.htm

http://www.lkmpower.de/tuning kits/gsxr1000_3neu.htm

Leistung an der Kupplung + Exhaust-System: LKM 190 PS (139,7 kW) bei 12.100/min
Am I seeing that correctly? With there exhaust system and comp, the bike should make roughly 190 PS at the crank?[:M23]

One more thing i noticed about the r1 powerband is that huge dip in the 7-8k rpm range. It shows on two sperate tests. It's gonna hurt the midrange a little I think.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by Routa
Great find, thanks. The ZX-10R and R1 figures are for pre-production models. Hopefully we'll see soon some figures for production models too.
Right now there is some debate going on as to rather these dyno's are authentic. Especally since no one should have the new R1 yet, especally some german exhaust maker. Most of the time when Yamaha or a company like yamaha makes a contract to develop an exhaust for an aftermarket company, they have contracts that keep people from realeasing informaiton on horsepower specs, etc. At least until the bike has been offically realeased. Seems odd to me that this company has not only an R1, but a 10R (And all the demo bikes were recalled since the week following the shoot out). Not to mention there werent that many demos to begin with. I dont know they all might be bs, might be real. Can't tell.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by falconeight
How do you know that that is a 2004 model dyno?
Well... On the page it says the model it's referring to. Not to mention I know that the 2003 isn't putting out that much power or even anything remotely close to it.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Originally posted by CDRacingZX6RRight now there is some debate going on as to rather these dyno's are authentic. Especally since no one should have the new R1 yet, especally some german exhaust maker.
Good point...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by 41_fire
that cool[8D]
Well it isn't bad. It's awesome actually. But I'm not so sure I'd take that over a more smooth curve. I mean, people are saying that the more dips create more of a feel that you are flying, obvously from losing power than getting it to snap back real quick. When they say the 10R is deceptivly fast, it's probably because (If the dynos are true) it has a more smooth and linear curve to redline, and it wont feel like out of no where wham! theres the power, because it will only be going up without any dips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.