Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres the story. i was coming from brooklyn to manhattan to meet up with some kids from the bronx down in the village that i ride with and as im coming down 7th avenue i see my boy star standing in the street and his bike parked. i go over and i see a smashed up r1 with carbon fiber everything laying in the street. he tells me that he was on his way to meet up with everyone when he met this kid that wanted to ride too. so whatever they were messing around and the new kid was asking advice on how to do wheelies. so star was showing him and what not. to make a long story short they were in some traffic down on 7th ave and like west 4th and the kid gooses the throttle and slams right into the back of a suburban, hard, and goes right through the rear window. good thing he had a full helmet on but somehow he sliced open his fukin ball sac and he was bleeding everywhere and some internal bleeding too. were not sure if he ripped his shit like on the windshield of the bike or the handlebars but damn that shits gotta hurt! his gas tank, right where your balls lean against was all caved in and split too. i cant really figure that one out. we thought maybe he cut his shit open on that. moral of the story: dont wheelie in traffic and especially dont wheelie in traffic if you dont know how to wheelie!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
You'd be surprised how many squids are on liter bikes. A lot of people who buy bikes for the first time buy 1000cc monsters because they think the 600's are "too small". Most guys I've seen on 600's are very good riders, and in fact, a lot of older guys I know ride only 600's because they're easier to ride in the twisties.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ya, sounds like a painful thing to go through. I remember when I was going to my m1 exit courses at Humber college, I pulled a wheelie on the first day into the parking lot(Which was not too smart, but the parking lot is HUGE!). One of the instructors who rides a Ducati saw and told me that three years ago, some other guy going for the same course did the same thing on a R1. This guy was a cop who bought the r1 as his first bike, and he did it wearing shorts and a muscle shirt, and a helmet. Except, poor Mr. Officer landed it in a wobble, and hit a pole at roughly 100km/h. So the instructor runs to him and sees him bleeding all over the place from basically everywhere. Cop died 3 minutes later. Ironic how he's a cop, and how he did it right after taking his courses, which basically stamp "SAFETY" on your forehead.[V] Very sad story.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Oh man. That's just crazy.
Yeah a bunch of the people that I've seen with R1's (3 of them) didn't know how to ride. I've seen one guy with a 1000Gixxer and he's a pro rider (he's been riding for a long arse time) and then there's a guy I know with a Hyabusa, he knows how to go straight...that's about it.

I agree, a 600 is prime. If you want faster, a 750. That's about it for me, my next bike in 3 seasons hopefully will be a 7 and that's IT! Nothing faster. I have friends that have 600's and they're always talking about getting a 1000, and I always laugh at them because I doubt they can handle'em.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I dunno bought getting 7R man, no offence to any one who likes that bike, but its UGLY!!!! I was thinking of getting it in maybe 2-3 years to, but it just looks disgusting!! On the other hand, the 04 R1's are beautiful man. Dual underpipes, and apparently 180hp out of the box, which I think is bullshit. Anyhow, I think that bike will be the best litre bike ever made. It'll probably smoke the Kawa 10r. Now that is a bike I want to get....[8D]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.