Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is an extensive exhausts writeup on another forum, but it is geared to the street.
I need recommendations for race only full-systems.
Couple of questions first:
1. Is a slip-on a waste of time?
2. Is a PC III a requirement?
Of course cost is an issue, so performance is more important than bling:D

mmfoor

·
Registered
321 Posts
A slip-on isn't a complete waste of time, but it won't get you as much benefit.

With the full exhaust, not only do you get more HP, but you also shed more weight. The Akra full race system sheds 12lbs (or more like 16lbs if you pony up for the titanium pipes), which is like adding 1-2HP to the engine.

I'm not sure if a PC is necessary for the slip-on, but it definitely is needed for the full exhaust.

·
Registered
554 Posts
A slip on or half system is not a waste of time you get rid of a little weight, catylic converter(lets you run leaded fuel for trackdays), and gain a little power without needing a PC3USB. Look for systems that will let you upgrade later if you go with a slipon. Microns slip-on will allow you to upgrade to a full(just buy the header) while Arrow or Akro won't(need to buy whole new system). If you go with a full Akro, Arrow, Arata, Micron, Yosh, leo vince, and Termignoni are all leaders in the industry.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have a full Leo Vince on my '05 636. Our main competition has he same set up on their bike. Neither of us have PC's or aftermarket air filters and they run great. On the '05 the cat will not be removed with a slipon. It is in the latter part of the headers.
-Gabe

·
Registered
481 Posts
For the budget-minded racer (aren't we all?)... A slipon on the '05/'06 636 is useful for weight savings alone, it makes slightly more power. I use the Akra slipon, with a PC and a custom map; total combination was $900 (slipon, PC, dyno time).

That map is great - smooth response to closed/partial throttle roll-ons, worth every penny.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Leo Vince is the only exhaust manufacturer that pay's contingency in WERA , and since I know you were at WERA Cycle Jam like I was , that may be something to consider when you make your purchase.:D

As for me , I bought BEFORE I researched about contingency.

I have an Akrapovic slip on that saved me about 11 lbs compared to stock , a PC III USB custom mapped , and a BMC race air filter.
On a Dynojet 250i at sea level , running pump gas I made 115.3HP and 48ft lb torque. A full system may be good for 2 or 3 more HP and a little less weight.

If I were to do it again , I would have went full system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.