Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to get rid of that 15 or so pounds with the stock exhaust, so I bought an old exhaust from someone and made my own slipon.... Ended up buying the exhaust for $80, and I think it went to an R6, but im not sure... Here are pics of what I did... Now I just have to bring it to the shop and have it tuned up for this new, less restrictive, pipe....

before....

After shortening....

And views of it mounted....

Not bad for $80, and 3 hours of work...:D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used a dremel tool to cut the carbon fiber, then a hacksaw to cut the inside. The connection between the midpipe and the pipe is just from the midpipe that I got with the pipe I bought. Just cut it down. I did have to put some header "tape" between the peice I cut up and my midpipe, with a little RTV it seals up really nice.

Thanks for the complements...

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Looks almost just like the beet racing pipe..
I am going to see about making a custom MotoGP style pipe this winter, using a moriwaki can i have as extra for my Rc51...
If it comes out like i plan it will be damn sweet..the anodized gold to purple Ti can...

Shit maybe i will just copy yours ;) and use the can and sell off my Akra full system.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup... looks like this with the seat...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, no cat.... Doesnt acutally sound that loud. Thought it would be way to loud, but had it on the track a couple days ago, and it was pretty normal....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.