Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys just wondering what the price of Race fuel is in different parts of the nation. Down here in PR a 5 Gal. pail of MR9 is $140 and 5 Gal. pail of U4 is $160. With these prices I have to look for new options. Whats the cost in your area?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Guys just wondering what the price of Race fuel is in different parts of the nation. Down here in PR a 5 Gal. pail of MR9 is $140 and 5 Gal. pail of U4 is $160. With these prices I have to look for new options. Whats the cost in your area?
U-4 is $80 for 5 gal c-12 is the same and the mr9 is around $130 or so

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
which 1 is better between the U4 or MR9
Depends on you combination...

All motor, stock compression id recommend MR9, U4 works well for all motor with raised compression, it has a higher octane rating. Neither is recommended for spray because both are oxygenated, not say it can't be done though, ha!

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
The local bike shop here sells 110 octane, leaded race gas for $8.50 a gallon. I don't know what brand or anything else about it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the time being I´m stick to pump gas like Robbie. I bought some U4 in May and then it was for $65 a 5 Gal. Pail, now it´s more than double that. There´s an event in Oct, I´ll save some money and get some good fuel for that event, other than that it´s pump gas for me.

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
The local bike shop here sells 110 octane, leaded race gas for $8.50 a gallon. I don't know what brand or anything else about it.
i can get 110 leaded race gas here made by renegade race fuels for 6.00 a gallon, i can tell a difference when i 50/50 mix it with pump gas, never ran it straight tho

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Damn dude, a few months ago 91 octane was damn near $5 a gallon here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts