Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
what kind of fuel do you guys use in racing? would premium from the gas station be okay for a beginner?

give me fuel give me fire give me that which i desire

·
Registered
135 Posts
Originally posted by want2race

You only need race gas if you run higher compression, or if you need to make up for a SLIGHT jetting correction...
I guess that depends on the type of race fuel you are thinking about running and what you expect to get from it.

There are standard race fuels that just have higher octane ratings and then there are special race fuels that actually increase the HP output of the bike.

If you have a stock compression bike, there is no reason to run standard race fuels. Nor will they make up for a "SLIGHT" jetting correction.

The special race fuels, like VP MR1, VP Ultimate 4, VP MR9, and Nutec Special 5 all add HP and improve throttle response without having any special work done to the engine. A beginner would not benefit from these fuels much, if at all. But the extra HP and improved throttle response can sure help a fast and experienced racer.

Scott

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was specifically refering to the increased octane rating of standard "race" gas. I was also lost in two-stroke land for a minute. The increased octane raises the detanation ceiling, especially nice if your too lazy to change the jets in your dirt bike when your at the dunes at (or below) sea level in 110 degree heat.

Com'on you know it smells good.

Thunder Hill, CA
Sears Point, CA
Leguna Seca, CA
and counting

http://www.sportbikerider.us/Sportbike_Rider/Pictures38/IMG_6791.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.