Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's been confrirmed, Nicky Hayden is going to MotoGP as Rossi's teammate next year, and Ben Bostrom is returning to the US to take Nicky's spot in AMA. Wonder where Eric will end up? Kawi still needs a pilot for it's GP bike (latest rumor I heard was Loris Capirossi - good rider).

Looks like Kawi is only running with T.Hayden (not sure about T. Meiring) in supersport(zx6rr(600)) and superstock (does the zx6r(636) qualify here, or is it also the zx6rr?). Then there's WSB...I'v read in several places the ZX-7R is done racing after this season (AMA and WSB). Kawi may not content WSB next year, and run only world supersport. Yami and suzuki are also rumored to sit out WSB next year. Honda was even supposidly pulling out, but sounds like they changed their mind - albeit with a reduced budget - goodbye Colin Edwards, hello Ducati. Chris Walker signed with Ducati too as Toesland's teammate.

At least MotoGP will be better next year, Rossi made it boring this year w/o any competition. There will be plenty of other RC211V's to run with him, plus new entries like Kawi - lets hope it's competitive :D

Doesn't bike racing kick ass?!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be, it was only a rumor when I heard it a copupel of weeks ago now. The others in line (speculation) were Eboz and hmm..forget the other rider now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.