Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone....i was wondering if there is anyone that sells race plastics with holes for the factory headlights...or any suggestions on how to make it work? as some of you may or may not remember i went down a while ago and have been runnin around with my bike lookin like a street fighter ever since. i cant afford factory plastics and was looking into some attack race plastics but dont know how to make the head lights work....any suggestions would be great thanks guys!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
ive seen where guys will french in small round headlights which i think is cool but never seen stock headlights.

·
Powerhungry
38,157 Posts
ive posted up about this also.

id love a race tail..with provisons to mount the tailight.
im not sure i want to be hacking up a new tail. just to mount the light.
but i LOVE the look, the smoothness of the race tail.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
they make stuff called "abs plastic weld" comes in a tube like weld stick. shit works great, i was leary of it, but i smashed my left side plastic to hell, used that stuff and it held great. doing wheelies and endo's, it held.

but i've seen a lot of guy's run race plastics, use a hole saw to cut a hole and run a fog lamp for a light. works fine.

nevada, maybe you could use the tail piece and use a short led strip mounted to the back for a brake light. fab a mounting bracket for the led and turn sigs on the ends. just a thought.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
ive posted up about this also.

id love a race tail..with provisons to mount the tailight.
im not sure i want to be hacking up a new tail. just to mount the light.
but i LOVE the look, the smoothness of the race tail.
i've got some pretty good idea's what i'm gonna do about a tail light when i put the attacks on.

OP.. do you still have your stock headlight fixture?? you could prob use the projector & make something up

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
warbuk are you suggesting using that stuff to repair the originals or....??? j fuggin t yes i still have all the stock stuff. i thought about fabbing something up similar to the carbon 636 that posted in botm section but i kinda want to keep the stock look too,....not to mention i have no idea how to do that stuff and id still have to find a way to secure the lights to the nose piece.

·
Powerhungry
38,157 Posts
warbuk are you suggesting using that stuff to repair the originals or....??? j fuggin t yes i still have all the stock stuff. i thought about fabbing something up similar to the carbon 636 that posted in botm section but i kinda want to keep the stock look too,....not to mention i have no idea how to do that stuff and id still have to find a way to secure the lights to the nose piece.
i think warbuk meant to use it to fab up mounts for the OE lights.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
nevada, maybe you could use the tail piece and use a short led strip mounted to the back for a brake light. fab a mounting bracket for the led and turn sigs on the ends. just a thought.
like this:

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
You can get that tail with a cutout for a stock tail light, I just didn't want to go that route. I assume you can do that with most race tails.

·
Powerhungry
38,157 Posts
You can get that tail with a cutout for a stock tail light, I just didn't want to go that route. I assume you can do that with most race tails.
serious?
ive been looking for one. didnt find shit. i even posted a thread asking about it. the consensus was, it wasnt available.

what tail is that exactly?
you got a link? or a site to point me in the right direction?

·
Powerhungry
38,157 Posts

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Your going to need to drill some holes, but they have dimples. Fit and finish is pretty good for a race part, but it's obviously not going to be perfect. Shouldn't need a ton of bodywork.

·
Powerhungry
38,157 Posts
Your going to need to drill some holes, but they have dimples. Fit and finish is pretty good for a race part, but it's obviously not going to be perfect. Shouldn't need a ton of bodywork.
ah, ok, yeh i seen the dimples. couldnt tell if there was a hole. thatd be easy enough.

i know u got one without the cutout, but...you think the one with the cutout, has the mounting tabs, for the tailight?
or would that be up to me also?

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
ah, ok, yeh i seen the dimples. couldnt tell if there was a hole. thatd be easy enough.

i know u got one without the cutout, but...you think the one with the cutout, has the mounting tabs, for the tailight?
or would that be up to me also?
The tail for mine is modeled after the 03-04 ZX6R tail, nothing like the stock 650 tail. My stock tail light has a couple little male prongs that sit in the stock tail plastics, and is held in place by a couple bolts on the top. With this tail the bolts alone would hold the tail light. Not quite as secure as the stock setup, but still should work, IMO. I assume the setup for your bike would be similar.

·
Powerhungry
38,157 Posts
The tail for mine is modeled after the 03-04 ZX6R tail, nothing like the stock 650 tail. My stock tail light has a couple little male prongs that sit in the stock tail plastics, and is held in place by a couple bolts on the top. With this tail the bolts alone would hold the tail light. Not quite as secure as the stock setup, but still should work, IMO. I assume the setup for your bike would be similar.
my tailight mounts TO the tail section.

theres a small notch, it slips into, then a screw on each side.
im curious if the notch, and the 2 plastic nubs would be there..to attach the stock light. all it says is, with cutout....
hm..maybe i'll email, them and see.

ok, to the OP, sorry for the slight thread jack.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts