Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am highly considering getting race rails because they seem to offer more protection than sliders. I was noticing when i was looking on a few websites at pictures that the rails look like they are very close to the riders legs almost like eliminate some leg space is this true? I am 6'0 and it just looks like i would have to reposition my legs. Can you guys post pics of your bike if they have race rails on them.

·
Registered
478 Posts
i wanna go with race railz ,also . powerstunters.com i think , i agree on protection,[:M9] railz is the way to go.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ok I have posted pics b4 HERE http://www.KawiForums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=64808 There is no scrifice to body position. The only thing I noticed was that when I stopped I tend to put my feet forward a little, touch the ground and then let the bike roll to a stop. I found when I put these on that I just barely touched them. So now I dont put my feet down till I stop and problem solved. I can drag a knee just as well with these as I can without (no clearence issues) and can go into full tuck mode. I never noticed they were on at all once I put them on. My advice would be to go with them because they do protect much much more than sliders.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have them on my bike, ill post pics later, but im 6'3 and they dont get in the way at all, I love them. but they are kinda a pain in the ass to put on, but defintely well worth the time. I brought mostly for the look because there unique. Ive only seen one other person have them where I live, they dont protect that much more than the sliders do in my opinion.

·
Powerhungry
37,951 Posts
ive been thinking about these for quite awhile now too. i have heard tho that you must atleast pull the rear of the right rail loose to add oil, or to get the filler cap off.
i think a puig DB then these rails will be my next mod.
gotta recoup after the GPR, ACUMEN, and SOLO COWL first tho.

altho im very interested in the moutnting tabs, on the RAILS. detiled pics of them OFF the bike would be great, if anyones got any. ive looked at the site, and they dont really show what im wanting.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Hey guys I got bad news. When you go down the bike gets messed up. Those "might" prevent some damage to the uppers in a LOW speed getoff. That's is about it, and then you have to replace the rail, which probably is not much cheaper than the body part on ebay.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Originally posted by Ernie
Hey guys I got bad news. When you go down the bike gets messed up. Those "might" prevent some damage to the uppers in a LOW speed getoff. That's is about it, and then you have to replace the rail, which probably is not much cheaper than the body part on ebay.
Do they even sell the rails individually?

·
Powerhungry
37,951 Posts
shouldnt have to replace it. maybe the end cap on the end of the slider portion.
i know things break, if/when it goes down. but for me, mines been knocked over twice, never once while riding. these would save me, and i feel would do a better job going down while riding too.

·
Registered
927 Posts
no you dont have to replace the railz. my buddy has the same ones and downed his at a pretty high speed. The ends are raplacable and they dont break. They grind down like sliders. secondly, its better the railz get damaged than certain parts of your bike isnt it?

·
Registered
693 Posts
i take it youve never bought the body parts on ebay ....

i crashed my bike last year needed a new lower and upper got both with minor scratches ( also diffrent colors) for 450$ total and that was after searching for a solid month on ebay till i found soemthing reasoanble then i had to get thme painted.... so i would deffintly prefer 150$ ... hell i would prefer that 3x over.... ive been looknig at the rails too but ive been getting in to stunting now and will most likely go with ther cage

·
Registered
678 Posts
umm ok yea you might have to replace to rail and get some new lowers...but what about the frame? have fun replacing that. [xx(]
that's what the rail is there for, fairings come and go.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts