1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WERA West

Sunday August 3rd, 2008

Auto Club Speedway, Fontana, CA

Shane "Go Go" McGoey had another great weekend of racing in sunny southern California. Saturday was a track day with many red flags, and not much time on the track. A half day of practice and with the chance to ride a session on a 197 hp Suzuki 1000 superbike, courtesy of Eddie Barajas, McGoey couldn't say no. "Eddie has been so great to hang with, he just kept saying c'mon Junior ride my bike. With the all the goodies on it, I had to try it. It was kinda scary, I could feel the front end just floating exiting the corners and down the straights. It was so fast on the banking. Thanks again Eddie, I really appreciate it" Shane said. McGoey had his F.A.S.T.E.R Racing, LaMonica's backed ZX-6R mapped and dialed in on the Dyno Jet dyno, with 115hp at the rear wheel, getting ready for race day, and he would need it.

Sunday brought lower lap times and some heavy competition once again. McGoey had great grid positions and made the best of them getting out with the first two racers in the C superbike race. They left the field, and Shane was left to ride to a lonely third place, but was much improved on his lap times from the last time out to the Speedway.

B superbike and McGoey got a great start with the holeshot. He led for a lap and then was put back into second when Chris Clark came around him in 5 and took the lead for good. Shane managed to hang on to second place three seconds back of Clark, and five seconds in front of Meyers.

C superstock was a mirror of C supebike with McGoey third to Clark's first, and Willis' second.

B superbike was a shortened Red Flag race with McGoey taking a fourth.

All in all a great week end, three podiums and lower lap times. Shane is coming to grips with the increased intensity of racing with the fast guys and working for a win.

Shane would like to thank his sponsors: LaMonica's, Keigwins at the track, Komodo gear, Vortex, Custom Superbike, Streetsmarts marketing.com,

For more information see Shane's website at www.shanemcgoey.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E_OWrX-EgE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.