Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the use of race takeoffs. I just picked up a super cheap set of Diablo Supercorsa race takeoffs and I was wondering how I can tell how much life the have left in them. There seems to be a fair amount of tread depth left all over, and the rubber steel feels soft and supple (i.e. not heat glazed). I have heard that sport bike oriented tires can only be heat cycled a finite amount of times though, is that true? If the tire still feels good and has a fair amount of depth left on it, is there anything else I should check before slapping them on my bike?

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Tire life depends on how and where you ride. Too many variables to give a "blanket statement answer".

--David

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
it is a pretty open question.

Some hard core guys put a fresh set of skins on for consistency every time out on the track....if so, they may have lots of life left. If they still feel soft at ambient temperature, and aren't all torn to sh!t, run 'em

I've run two sets of supercorsa's till they were dished/cupped on the rear....no warmers, ever. By the last day, it took most of a lap to be warmed up. I'm just an average rider on a 600, so take that into account.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I hope you crash the next time you ride. I just jinxed ya you stupid piece of shit.

Why would 06R to 08R leave me neg Prom Queen votes for this post??:

Tire life depends on how and where you ride. Too many variables to give a "blanket statement answer".

--David
I'm confused. Is this person a douche??

--David

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
I think so larry...Maybe you made a friend?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Ive put 5600 miles on a set of Dunlop Sportmax GP d209 tires still have life in them, and they weren't soft miles by any means.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope you crash the next time you ride. I just jinxed ya you stupid piece of shit.

--David
There seems to be a lot of mental dead weight on this forum. I made a point about ninjakid4life not having his act together and got a lot of reps like that.

Thanks for the serious replies in here.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Ive put 5600 miles on a set of Dunlop Sportmax GP d209 tires still have life in them, and they weren't soft miles by any means.
You've got to be kidding me. 5,600 hard miles and they still have life? I just can't see this being right.
I dont see how people get more than 3 k miles on street/track tires.. Either there riding is very different from mine or there tires were different somehow

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I have a question about the use of race takeoffs. I just picked up a super cheap set of Diablo Supercorsa race takeoffs and I was wondering how I can tell how much life the have left in them. There seems to be a fair amount of tread depth left all over, and the rubber steel feels soft and supple (i.e. not heat glazed). I have heard that sport bike oriented tires can only be heat cycled a finite amount of times though, is that true? If the tire still feels good and has a fair amount of depth left on it, is there anything else I should check before slapping them on my bike?
Post a pic and I will give you an estimate of how good they look. Soft rubber is good?

Every time you heat cycle a race compound tire it changes it's chemical compound slightly. That changing causes the tire to harden and loose traction more and more over each heat cycle but unless you are a top racer you probebly won't notice heat cycled tires unless they are over cooked a few times and sat for a year.

I would say nope; good tread, no blueing, tearing, cupping and rubber still soft sounds good.

There seems to be a lot of mental dead weight on this forum. I made a point about ninjakid4life not having his act together and got a lot of reps like that.

Thanks for the serious replies in here.
I am not sure if you pointed at dewillits saying he was mental dead weight but his comment

--David
was made at a memeber "06R to 08R" who has been banned not at you

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I know that I am mental dead weight. That's why I post on a motorcycle forum, and not an astrophysics forum.

--David

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know that I am mental dead weight. That's why I post on a motorcycle forum, and not an astrophysics forum.

--David
haha I was not referring to dwillits, my last post was supporting him. I was referring to some people who left some amusing negative reps I had made on another post entirely. I will post pics of the tires ASAP, but from the sounds of it they are still very usable (no cupping, no bluing, and still nice and soft).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts