Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seems like people are getting their suspensions adjusted for 30 bucks or so, not sure what to punch in when searching for this type of shop. Anyone know of any race/performance/tuning shops in IL, or what keyword to search for in the yellow pages? should i just look under motorcycle?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'd like to know also. Next year I'll be puttin on my full exhaust and PC but don't know of any tuning shops close by. :( A properly setup suspension for $30 would be nice too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
cold iron, go to 4&6 racing in skokie! they are a shop that can handle any performance mod's and setup you could possibly want done to your bike. they are the only shop in the area the has a profesional AMA raceteam. they race in formula extreme and supersport classes. all i can say is wow, they set my suspension perfectly to my height and weight. they also did a revalve on my front forks that made a huge difference aswell as a tuneup and baseline dyno run included. go to www4and6.com or can call and ask for jim he's a great guy and heads their shop and race team.

·
Registered
24 Posts
johnny2ride, have you gotten any work done there? just curious what you've had done compared to me seeing how we have the same bike. i'm looking to do more work this fall. also going tommorrow to get my baseline dyno done in the am.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll be giving them a call.

·
Registered
883 Posts
if u are willing to come down south you can come to bradley which is near kankakee and go to mx tech he does custom suspension.

he did my gf's brothers 4 wheeler cuz he needed stronger suppension to hold like 500 lbs.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well basically i just want to do the basic spring and sag adjustment for my weight +gear, one site recommends having a few friends with ya to help with pickup up the front and back, has anyone done this solo?

also i do live pretty far south like I57 and I80

·
Registered
883 Posts
yeah tinley park is like a half an hour to 45 mins from where i live.

But if you are looking for a shop that is specialized in suppension let me know. The reason why is that they do a good job and are resaonable on prices.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
spoke wiht mx tech and jim at 4 and 6. will be meeting with jim early next week to tune it, seemed like a real nice guy. Mx tech said they didnt have enough tech info on kawis, they said they mostly tune yamahas and suzukis. Kinda sucks, skokie is a haul from tinley, but oh well,since i bought the bike its been on the back of my mind to eithter do it myself or have it done by a pro, being a heavier rider (220 w/ gear) i know its gonna need adjustment from the default.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.