Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had to see how fast those things are so on a back road near ocala fl. we both took off not even close i hit 160 that thing was still going but it was alot of fun

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I know how you feel. About two months ago, I met a guy who had just bought an '03 busa, and we went riding for a day. Through the twisties, he wasn't too fast, but when we hit a good, long straightaway, he would get on it, and turn into a little black dot on the horizon. It's absolutely sick how powerful those bikes are.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hate to say it i'm glad i wasn't on the busa he had it so slamed to the ground that he couldn't turn the bike to save his life every corner i was right there [^]

·
Registered
859 Posts
There's a guy at my job that has a ZX12r. Last week we met up on the way in to work and whooooaaaa! It's a looong straight away going to my job, so it just begs for top speed runs! All I know is that I was tucked doing about 130mph, he gunned it, and flew from behind me and never stopped pulling away.(even when I saw that I was doing 150mph) I was tripping the whole way in after that.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
haha. i had a similar experience on a local highway with a ZX-12. I was doing about 120, he pulls up beside me, nods, then rockets off. I try to keep up until I hit about 140, then backed off. He just dissappeared. Turns out we both passed a cop waiting to turn onto the road we were on, but he didnt even make a move to chase me or him. classic

·
Registered
132 Posts
In addition to my ’03 636, I have a beast-bike, a 1999 CBR1100XX Blackbird. While down twenty horse to the ZX12 and Hayabusa, it still gets up and goes with 1150cc of inline-four terror.

The astounding part is raucous acceleration above 120mph. The 636 accelerates well at speed, better than many bikes actually, and signs off at what: an indicated 155mph (roughly)? A Blackbird or other beast bike will just keep right on going. I’ve seen this from Gixxer 1000s at Pacific Raceways, time after time: at that venue on the 636, I peak at an indicated 151mph (moderate-distance front straight). Gixxer thousands blast on thru at 175mph, roughly. Turns are another story, of course, though one can hardly fault the handling of any Gixxer.

On the street beast bikes are pure murder. Punch the throttle at 120mph, the bike leaps forward. Quite the rush, except now you’re doing 140mph and still accelerating. Events occur very quickly at 140mph, faster than most minds can process. The ‘Bird tapers off at an indicated 175mph, in my case. I cannot imagine the speeds a Gixxer 1000, Hayabusa, or ZX12R obtain.

Most modern liter+ bike are the equivalent of arriving to a gunfight with a bazooka. I’ve never owned a better-handling sportbike than the 636, but know in other venues I’m just asking for trouble.

{ -=DRB=- }

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
A good friend of mine drives an 02 Busa and it's a beast. When I got my 636 he wanted to swap and hit some back roads so we did and all I can say is our little 636 will spank a bike like that in the turns. Straight aways I would rocket past him but in the curves the bikes so heavy it seems to want to dive to much for my taste. Fun to ride but never would own one.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
I feel you all on what you are saying . One friend has a zx 1200 03 and the other has a busa 03.(all I do is watch them pull away on the autobahn) On a straight away they are the shit. But if I beat them into the curb on our favorite back road the are toast. they start breaking way before me and thats when it becomes even the straight aways are quick and short!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Damn it.....Same story here.....Busa pulled up to me at a light.....and After all my wins over cagers(a given, I know)....I decide its time to put forth the effort and lose myself....so I dont back down.....zoooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm Busa's are super fast.....and he let me get several car lenghts ahead befor putting the smack down on me.......to make me feel better I smoked a Vette on the way back.....BOH!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Hey man, the 'Busa Falcon has a pretty sharp front end, moreso than the ZX-12R. In terms of thrills per second, the only thing that comes close to hussling a Haybailer around some tight roads is wringing the neck off some proddy 250 GP bike!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by azzole
I actually thank the busa is a good looking bike.

[:M85] are you crazy. it looks like a space ship from behind. I friend girl friend has one. and handling sucks [:M114]

but that me;)

·
Registered
257 Posts
i thought about getting a busa.but relized i could just put tires on my couch......dont get me wrong they are bad ass but just too damn big

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.