Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 2003 ZX6R 636 WITH A FULL MUZZY EXHAUST, TITIANIUM MUFFLER, AND THE POWER COMMANDER. MY BOY HAS THE 2002 GSXR 750 CC WITH A SLIP ON EXHAUST. WE WENT FROM A 45 MPH ROLL IN 2ND GEAR TO ALL THE WAY THAT MY BIKE WAS ALMOST TOPPED OFF IN 6TH AROUND 165-170 MPH AND WE WHERE RIGHT NEXT TO EACHOTHER THE WHOLE WAY. IT WAS SO SICK MAN, I WAS SO HAPPY. I LOVE THIS BIKE. HE COULD NOT BILIEVE IT.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
/forum/images/caps.gif

[:M50]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I HAVE A WITNESS WHO WAS THERE THAT NIGHT WHO TALKS ON THIS FORUM, SO WE WILL BACK ME UP HIS SCREEN NAME IS NASTYZX6R.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry about the caps :D , and i beat my friends 02 gsxr 600 full full exhaust power commander one tooth down it the front and he has a filter, so maybe my bike is a freak, that is the truth, and i can do wheelies in 3rd gear just by bouncing the front end, no clutch work, could possibly go up in 4th with a hard dump with the clutch, but that is at too fast of a speed. lol

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
My closest riding buddy has a GSXR750 with a Hindle system and we've done MANY MANY MANY roll ons and stopped starts and I'll tell you right now, as fast as the '03 636 is (fastest 600 ever no doubt) it still will not outrun a 750. We go the same weight, and the 750 just plain holds on to gears longer because of bigger bore and ends up pulling a bike length or so in every gear, equal rider, equal weights. If you are beating him, I'm gonna guess that (a) you weigh less than he does fairly significantly or (b) you've got more riding skill than he does or (c) both...

Funny thing is that in roll ons, the 636 actually gets the jump despite the bigger bore of the 750 because it revs up quicker, but then at first shift that 750 gets it all back and then some because it's just hitting stride... fun races though, sometimes I can keep it fairly tight considering...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Originally posted by NinjaRider

i don't know, but my brother just smoked a 636 on his GSXR600. his is a 98 with some work done to it (pipe, jet kit, air filter) against a stock 636. he walked away from it at 75.
There is no way a 98 GSXR 600 would outrun an 03 636(both with skilled riders). The gsxr is out powered by the 636 by atleast 8 hp and the thing is heavy as hell.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
you're probably right, the guy on the 636 probably wasn't nicky hayden, but still the bike has serious balls. it walks away from my bike once you get past 80, and i have an 02. there may be more mods then i mentioned (we're not really sure yet), but it is a fast bike nonetheless.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ok ok, I must back him up on this on. He can run with the gsxr 750 and they are pretty evenly weighted I believe, but however the gsxr600 that he is talking about the rider on that one is about 20lbs lighter than that of the 636!!!

I think that maybe the 750 might not have as much skill b/c I am only about 2 bike lengths behind and I have an 02 with just a bolt-on and -1 in the front.

the gsxr600 can get about a bike on me until 5th and 6th gear where my awesome Kawi motor(in need off the 12,000 mile service) starts pulling him back down:D

But hey, let's just keep the kawi's in front were they should be, turns and straights!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
well if you look at racing the 636 is racing against the 750's and winning alot of races.. the power to weight ratios are almost the same.. even stock

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.