Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This story took place about 11 years in Cincinnati. Me and a friend both 18 years old were out riding our first bikes (Interceptor 500's) around the city. Out of my mirror i see a red Ferrari Testarossa closing in on us pretty quick. We're all heading toward a red light at the upcoming intersection so as we start braking and as this car gets closer i can read his plates. "LARKIN" Now all you sports fans should figure this one out fairly easily. Cincinnati+Rich dude in red Ferrari+LARKIN PLATES=REDS shortstop Barry Larkin. OK back to the story. So my friend are i are simply in awe of this whole scene! Were side by side with Barry sitting at this red light. We start revving the shit out of our little bikes with our stock pipes in hopes of initiating a race. Barry revs the Ferrari. I'm ready to shit my pants at this point as i watch the light. The light goes green and Barry totally wholeshoots us. We had no idea of how to launch a bike back then. lol We finally get ourselves going and start to catch him. Were now side by side at about an 1/8th mile heading from our original light motoring toward an onramp to the highway. Right at this point he lets off and we kept going until he was no longer in sight. 11 years later my same friend and i still ride together and we still talk about our little race with Barry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.