Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ive wanted one too, but I wanted one that would fit in that hole in the front for the air intake, and have a helmet light. I haven't seen one like that though, not even sure if its feasible, but considering I drive onto a military post quite often, I would need it that way to avoid removing it every time I went to work.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Originally posted by cybereyes
Ive wanted one too, but I wanted one that would fit in that hole in the front for the air intake, and have a helmet light. I haven't seen one like that though, not even sure if its feasible, but considering I drive onto a military post quite often, I would need it that way to avoid removing it every time I went to work.
Mount it on top of the front tire hugger and use a remote LED warning light. I've seen it done and it works great. Just make sure you dont bottom out and smash your detector. Would also be worth getting a cover like pictured to prevent rocks from busting up your detector. You could even paint it the same color as your bike and it would be nearly invisable. Leave the front clear because paint or tint will weaken the radar detection.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The stemstand is the way to go. The radar is in perfect position, it is protected by the windscreen, and you can still see the gauges perfectly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
is there any radar detectors that you can integrate into the bike so you dont have to have it sitting in front of you like that?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Originally posted by zx6rpete
The stemstand is the way to go. The radar is in perfect position, it is protected by the windscreen, and you can still see the gauges perfectly.
I agree thats an ideal mount but will not work with my GPR steering stabilizer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.