Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
>"Hey does anyone know how to set up a switch to turn the radiator cooling fan on manually?"<

Quite simple. Remove the wires from the temp sensor on the radiator and run wires up to a handy location near your left clip on. Hook up a two position (on/off) switch to it. You're all done.

If you want to keep the ability for the temp switch to activate the fan (in case you aren't paying attention while riding), all you need to do is splice in a switch between the two wires that feeds the sensor.

Hooking up a second fan shouldn't be too hard, the hard part is mounting it to the radiator. Just run another wire spliced in to the wire that goes from the sensor to the current fan. When the sensor triggers the circuit, both fans will go on (if a fuse doesn't blow, that is).

BC.

I didn't do it, I swear.
And even if I did, what makes you think I would admit it to you?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey does anyone know how to set up a switch to turn the radiator cooling fan on manually? In summer the temps get to 40C and a do a lot of in town riding and the temp often gets to 115C I would like to be able to cool theings down b4 they get thatn hot. And how would u go about installing an extra fan? Would it draw a lot of current?
Any info appreciated. thanx. cheers from down under (where our winter is like 5 degrees celcius. we can ride ALL year round[:p]:D[8D]!!)

"Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead."
-Scottish Proverb

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.