Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else break their ram air tunnel? i was just wondering if its a weak spot on the bike or if i just hit something hard. The top 2 screw holes snapped right off which makes my whole nose bounce around.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I've heard of it breaking because of wheelies and coming back down too hard. Normal riding and hitting something shouldn't break that, but something else first. Make sure you don't have anything else broken.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'd do as said above check for boken parts, also check for loose bolts and all....nose should'nt really bounce too much due to the rm air tube.....good luck eay seems to have several tudes relatively cheap

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
If you all have not looked yet, the ram air tube hold the front part of the bike onto the bike. If you break the ram air tube then the only thing left hold everything together is the fairings.

it is a very common thing if you are trying to wheelie the bike alot. Hard landing tend to break the bolt holes off of the tube. you can improvise and make some metal brackets to fix it, or replace it with new and modify to make it stronger then.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i broke the tabs on my headlights. the ram air tube wasn't hurt (hard landing). i epoxy'd it back together but it didn't hold long. i'm fabbing some aluminum brackets this weekend for a permant fix.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Originally posted by warbuk
i broke the tabs on my headlights. the ram air tube wasn't hurt (hard landing). i epoxy'd it back together but it didn't hold long. i'm fabbing some aluminum brackets this weekend for a permant fix.
Love that signature line Warbuck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
k thanks..i tried epoxy and something else and the first bump i hit popped it again..im gonna reinforce it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.