Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon fellow riders, I've got a 2012 600 with the RamAir on the front. Problem is I live in the forgotten land of Montana and somehow the mice got into the winter storage area and the entire RamAir is full of seeds and other mouse nest items as far back as I can see. Does anyone have insight on how I can detach the Ram so I can get in there and clean everything out? I've searched the forum (I hope pretty well) and didn't find much on how to actually remove it, the only videos I found for removing the front end were on bikes that didn't have the RamAir. Any help would be greatly appreciated and if this has be covered (the removing part not the mouse part) I apologize ahead of time.
Thank you all for your time

·
Registered
390 Posts
First off a 2012 600 but what Model ?
Pictures are always nice to have of the offending articles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
apologize about that, it is a ZX6R. I'll get some pictures up, of course I'm currently at work and not near it. I'm just trying to figure out how to get into that RamAir so I can clean it out, i've got the black "mesh" looking grate at the front of the tube currently that is blocking me from getting far in there......almost like it was designed for something like that ha ha

·
Registered
390 Posts
OK now we know what Model your working on..
You need to remove the Top cowl to access the Ram Air Duct.
To remove that you need to remove the side panels, Screen, Mirrors etc.
I've attached the Frame section of the Manual which details the procedure.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perfect! I appreciate the attachment I'll look through it and then I will attack the bike and see what shakes out. Thank you for taking the time for the helping hand. I'll post some pictures and let you know what happens here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Bike is FIXED! First off apologize about the long delay in my reply back, work/life got busy for a minute. The PDF attachment that you sent helped me figure out the inner workings for the fairings and I was able to get down inside that RamAir and get it all cleaned out and back in working order. After reassembling the fairings and an oil change it started right up and rode perfectly! Thank you very much for the help I really appreciate it. Heres a couple of photos of what I was fighting with and the amount of junk I got out of there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts