Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mods are Muzzy slip on, but i have the FI light fix (check it, not loose)

and the wire mod, which i also checked and no problems there.

ive had both of those done for MONTHS and no problems so far.

today i get a random FI light after riding for 20 seconds. It doesnt come on right away, only after i ride for about 10-20 sec and it stays on, doesnt go on/off or anything. Altho ive only driven it about 10 miles total since this has started happening.

Besides the typical "take it to the dealer" reply... what can i do?

The bike drives/idles perfectly normal, no problems except the light being on.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Random light means random problem, the code will be stored but the problem isnt present at the time of the light being off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
mine came on today after idling like 30 seconds and stayed on throughout the hour-long ride. I rode 2 hours in the rain on sunday and washed it monday so I was thinking it might have been water getting in the intake or exhaust. Anyone had this happen? I have a two brothers pipe and no PCIII but ive had it like 3 months and 3500 miles so I doubt that is it.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Check your Muzzy FI fix thing (that metal plate). Mine got stuck somehow times, did not want to move to the sides like it did before. All I did was- take the seat off and tried to push it lightly and it was moving again. The light went off. It happened again after couple weeks. Same thing, FI fix did not move when the bike was started. This time I took Servo motor apart looking for something that could jam it. Did not find anything unusual, just put some WD40 on moving parts and put it back together. It's been all good since then. So check your servo motor/ Muzzy FI fix if it's moving at all.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Have a Yoshi RS-5. The FI light comes on ocassionally due to the servo motor seizing up a bit. A few high revs or a quick tweak of the fixer to loosen the servo motor seems to fix it. What is fails is the self-diagnostic test. Once you got that sorted it seems to disappear. If its still under warranty get the dealer to replace the motor

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
guy i know put NOS on his, the fi lite started coming on a while later and now it stays on. bike runs perfect. no problems at all. (03'zx6r). fi lite on, speedo quit working but runs good like the day he bought it. he takes care of it but them two things he finally said f-it.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by DBIndian88
mine came on today after idling like 30 seconds and stayed on throughout the hour-long ride. I rode 2 hours in the rain on sunday and washed it monday so I was thinking it might have been water getting in the intake or exhaust. Anyone had this happen? I have a two brothers pipe and no PCIII but ive had it like 3 months and 3500 miles so I doubt that is it.

Thanks
i was wondering if that might of been my problem as well.

i rode maybe 30 minutes in the rain.. and then washed my bike the next day as well. A few hours after washing it is when i rode it agian and the FI light started coming on.

so who knows. im hoping it will turn off by itself. Im not too worried since its driving normal tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.