Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 10003 Posts

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
This is a a good thread with a lot of good info. Skywalker, it sounds like you know where you're headed, so I'm going to divert the thread a little.

My city, Omaha, passed the CC law last year. The mayor was fervently opposed. The law is severely limited and businesses are able to decide if they allow CC on their premises. Everywhere I go, there is a sign prohibiting firearms. My questions; is this the same where you all live and if so, do 'most people' (you) abide by it? It just seems like a pain in the ass to make it half legal to carry, especially if everywhere you go you have to take it off your person.

·
Banned
3,521 Posts
im not going to advocate breaking the law at all. but concealed means concealed..........

id much rather face a charge of tresspassing than be shot cause some hippe liberal douche bag decided his little shop shouldnt have guns in it.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Anyway, nothing larger than a 32 is ideal in a 3" barrel. It's the stopping power. I figure I have a better chance of claiming self defense shooting a guy once with a .45 than shooting him 3 with a .32.
very true, although i don't agree w/ the "stopping power" deal, honestly if i hit someone w/ a .25 or a .45 smack dead in the forehead likely chances are the deal is sealed, and the only way you'd NOT get away w/ the self defense w/ multiple rounds is if you caught them in the back, & yes they do have a new low recoil round in the hydrashoks i sell them like crazy. as far as holsters go, black leather galco w/ a strap is the only way to go & choose your location, i personally prefer the ankle over all.

Glocks are never "half cocked" they are a d/a only & that is why i prefer them over ANY gun really they are the most basic & reliable firearm you can buy for the money & its mainly just preference. glocks are either cocked or not no matter what, but i do have to say that the glocks trigger reset is PHENOMINAL.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
This is a a good thread with a lot of good info. Skywalker, it sounds like you know where you're headed, so I'm going to divert the thread a little.

My city, Omaha, passed the CC law last year. The mayor was fervently opposed. The law is severely limited and businesses are able to decide if they allow CC on their premises. Everywhere I go, there is a sign prohibiting firearms. My questions; is this the same where you all live and if so, do 'most people' (you) abide by it? It just seems like a pain in the ass to make it half legal to carry, especially if everywhere you go you have to take it off your person.
thats a pain in the ass, why they don't just leave it to the regulations of no government buildings/schools/hospitals is beyond me, i'd be one pissed mo fo if they told me that & do they really think that a criminal is going to abide by that?? it just keeps the honest people honest & its as simple as that

·
Banned
3,521 Posts
Glocks are never "half cocked" they are a d/a only & that is why i prefer them over ANY gun really they are the most basic & reliable firearm you can buy for the money & its mainly just preference. glocks are either cocked or not no matter what, but i do have to say that the glocks trigger reset is PHENOMINAL.
WRONG.

the glock is NOT a double action only. a true double action only pistol every time you pull the trigger it will cock the pin and drop the striker with one pull. if the glock was a double action only trigger then you could pull the trigger all day and the slide would never need to be cycled to reset the sear.

the glock uses a partial cocked striker all the time. that first springy pull up until the break point actually finishes cocking the stricker right before it breaks. the reset you mention is the point right before the pin is released witch if done correctly you wont need to retake up any of the slack or finish cocking the stirker until you completely release the trigger. glock calls there system the SAS (safe action system) trust me im a glock armorer.

and on another note XDs have a completely different trigger system witch renders them to be classified by the ATF as a Single Action Only (SAO) and such is that if you want the absoulet best trigger possible in a polemer fame pistol the xd is the way to go. i have one of mine down to a 1.1lb pull. that travels an 1/16th of an inch. glock cant beat that with any of there systems.

that being said i own and love both guns. it realy is a matter of which one you are comfortable with.

·
Banned
3,521 Posts
thats a pain in the ass, why they don't just leave it to the regulations of no government buildings/schools/hospitals is beyond me, i'd be one pissed mo fo if they told me that & do they really think that a criminal is going to abide by that?? it just keeps the honest people honest & its as simple as that
what it does is create a target for thugs. a sign that says no ccw on the door to a criminal means easy prey

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
WRONG.

the glock is NOT a double action only. a true double action only pistol every time you pull the trigger it will cock the pin and drop the striker with one pull. if the glock was a double action only trigger then you could pull the trigger all day and the slide would never need to be cycled to reset the sear.

the glock uses a partial cocked striker all the time. that first springy pull up until the break point actually finishes cocking the stricker right before it breaks. the reset you mention is the point right before the pin is released witch if done correctly you wont need to retake up any of the slack or finish cocking the stirker until you completely release the trigger. glock calls there system the SAS (safe action system) trust me im a glock armorer.

and on another note XDs have a completely different trigger system witch renders them to be classified by the ATF as a Single Action Only (SAO) and such is that if you want the absoulet best trigger possible in a polemer fame pistol the xd is the way to go. i have one of mine down to a 1.1lb pull. that travels an 1/16th of an inch. glock cant beat that with any of there systems.

that being said i own and love both guns. it realy is a matter of which one you are comfortable with.
in regards to the "half cocked" we were talking about the QA trigger system on the walther & that the glock does not utilize that feature as far as what else was stated yes you are correct, glock isn't classified as a double action no

·
Banned
3,521 Posts
in regards to the "half cocked" we were talking about the QA trigger system on the walther & that the glock does not utilize that feature as far as what else was stated yes you are correct, glock isn't classified as a double action no
huh the glock is always at half cock. unless im misunderstanding what your saying. neither weapon has an exposed hammer. are you refering to the fact that on the walther you have the option of "decocking" the striker from half cock to none then yes you are right the glock doesnt have that option which in my opinon is a good thing

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
are you refering to the fact that on the walther you have the option of "decocking" the striker from half cock to none then yes you are right the glock doesnt have that option which in my opinon is a good thing
exactly what i'm referring to

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
you got a pm sky ;)
YOU got a PM. :D
And get yourself a Fobus holster. You have to pull straight up on them for the gun to come out. That way if you get into a tussle no can take the gun from you.
I have a Fobus holster. Worst POS ever. lol For one thing, the amount of snap required to jerk the pistol out of the holster is too much. The hard plastic will scratch and scuff the fawk out of your finish. For another thing, I jerked straight out very hard, and the whole fucking holster came off my belt with the weapon. Fuck that shit. lol I'll just keep it concealed so no one knows it's there to try to take it.
now their revolvers are excellent & as well as the beretta 92 clone they make, but their polymer auto's are pretty bad
The only reason their 92 clones are any good at all is because they bought Beretta's Brazil 92 factory and all the equipment in it. They wouldn't have an excuse to fail at that model. lol

Minneapolis MN is like that. All the malls and stuff have 'No CCW' signs. FL is great though. Government buildings/banks/etc are off limits, of course, you just use your head since most of the places off limits are just common sense...but everywhere else is concealed carry, and your private property (or that of a consenting acquaintance), including your vehicle, is open carry. If you're mowing your front yard you can have a Mk23 with 5" suppressor in a visible tac thigh holster and it's 100% legal.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Leeindy I've seen your youtube vids so I know you can shoot.

I've fallen off my bike while wearing my Fobus. I actually slid on the holster! It stayed on. It works great for me.

I have my CCW permit and I carry anywhere I want to-except banks. I hate gun laws. Criminals don't follow them. They only affect law abiding citizens. Look at DC. No guns are allowed yet 80% of their homicides are by guns. I can't wait for them to rule on the court case this summer.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Hmmm....going to make the calls today. I'm excited.:D

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Bling no offense but you'd be better throwing that thing at the person :D
Yeah, because 11 rounds of .45 ACP is not an effective deterrent...

I've had no problems with the Taurus PT145 (Millenium Pro) compact; it's very small (for a .45), has good ergonomics, is reliable (before selecting any firearm, I put 500 rounds of the "carry" ammo through it - it must have 100% function or I won't risk my life on it), and Taurus has been turning out some excellent handguns at a reasonable price lately... not to mention their lifetime warranty.

If you don't mind the "feel" of the DAO trigger, it's an excellent choice for concealed carry.

In case you're wondering if I have the slightest clue, I've had my CCW permit since 1987 (one of the first in Florida since they passed the "shall issue" law), and I USE my CCW daily - I carry almost all the time. I'm also an NRA certified firearms instructor, so I know a little bit about handguns...

But, do what you want.

Oh, and most ranges have handguns available for rental; although the ultra-compacts aren't common for rental, try what you can.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

I've had no problems with the Taurus PT145 (Millenium Pro) compact; it's very small (for a .45), has good ergonomics, is reliable (before selecting any firearm, I put 500 rounds of the "carry" ammo through it - it must have 100% function or I won't risk my life on it), and Taurus has been turning out some excellent handguns at a reasonable price lately... not to mention their lifetime warranty.

If you don't mind the "feel" of the DAO trigger, it's an excellent choice for concealed carry.

In case you're wondering if I have the slightest clue, I've had my CCW permit since 1987 (one of the first in Florida since they passed the "shall issue" law), and I USE my CCW daily - I carry almost all the time. I'm also an NRA certified firearms instructor, so I know a little bit about handguns...

But, do what you want.

Oh, and most ranges have handguns available for rental; although the ultra-compacts aren't common for rental, try what you can.
lol...ya know...you're pretty cool for a geezer. :D;)

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
lol...ya know...you're pretty cool for a geezer. :D;)

Umm... thanks (I think?).

Was just up in your neck of the woods last week - took the toyhauler around to let the teenager tour colleges in FL & AL... camped at Hillsborough State Park ( on 301 - between Tampa & Z-Hills) on the way up & back. Nice place.

We'll be headed back up that way eventually, since we left teh Hauler at the dealer for some work (LongView RV, in Dover). Probably will be there at least a month or two - it's a fairly long list. When it's done, we'll head up there to pick it up & maybe spend a day or two in the area to check it out before towing it back to our place in Clewiston...

·
Registered
10,037 Posts

But, do what you want.

lol very true about the rounds, but as stated somewhere in the thread them guns are VERY hit or miss and you & bling were two of the lucky ones, i've sent a few off for repair & like stated i've SEEN 3 barrels that were split, guns are something that i can justify spending a decent amount of money on for sure, they are a small gun & for anyone w/ small hands would be excellent but i won't even carry them in the store & thats just us, i move the glock 26/27's out pretty easy

·
Banned
3,521 Posts
YOU got a PM. :D

I have a Fobus holster. Worst POS ever. lol For one thing, the amount of snap required to jerk the pistol out of the holster is too much.
if you like kydex holsters the only two i can recommend is comp-tac and blade tech. all my iwb are comp-tac and there miniotar is an amazing holster. and all my comp holsters are blade tech. if i need a new one for comp tho im going to try one of comptacs owb holsters.

Leeindy I've seen your youtube vids so I know you can shoot.

I've fallen off my bike while wearing my Fobus. I actually slid on the holster! It stayed on. It works great for me.

thank you i practice religously first competition is the 30th.

as far as the fobus being crap it comes down no to strenght issues but design issues. like sky said the snap required to get it in and out is horendous. ive ridden my dirt bike for 10+ hours with my xd45 in a blade tech owb and it never popped out or borke. but on the draw the bladetech releases the gun smoother and the draw is smoother. and any kydex is going to wear your finish but a good quality kydex is alot smoother interior wize than the fobus.

is the fobos functional yes
is it strong appears so
is it refined top of the line no.

for an entry level its okay but there is a reason none of the super squad uses them ( the grand masters of ipsc are known as the super squad

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts

That's not how it is in Fla; only very rarely do I see those kinds of signs and I make a point of telling them that I won't patronize them for that reason when I do see one. The only places (let's see if I remember them all) FL law prohibits carrying is gov't buildings (including courthouses & police stations), airport terminals, the "portion of an establishment specifically designated for serving acohol" (i.e. the bar - UNLESS they also serve food at the bar - go figure), school campuses, and sporting events "not specifically relating to firearms".

If you ask me, they should allow us to carry on school grounds - maybe then the psychos who seem to have free run of the places would have some more difficulty shooting up helpless kids if there was someone shooting BACK at them.... but that's just me, talking crazy, huh?

41 - 60 of 10003 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.