Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
10001 - 10003 of 10003 Posts

·
Official n00b
17,214 Posts
Good point on the magazine price...IIRC nutsrfancy did a review between the PPQ and VP9 and referenced the P99 mags working in the PPQ...so could probably get them even cheaper via different vendor.

Really the Scorpion would just be a bit of fun. Not terribly practical unless it was going to take the place of my AR which it won't because for a rifle I prefer the higher powered caliber of the .223/5.56 to the pistol caliber...and really the Scorpion while of course is a pistol I would want to run it like an SBR or similar. No interest in it's carbine counterpart. So really the Scorpion is just for fun. But man I still want one LOL.

I already carry a P-07 or an XDm depending on what I am wearing. The XDm is a 4.5" 19+1 which could easily be construed as too large but then again I tend to edge towards larger for some reason. I tend to carry that in colder weather when I have more clothing to conceal it. Obviously my P-07 is easier to conceal albeit it's a bit wide. I have never felt like I was lacking while carrying it so I think 15+1 compact will be my next one. In that respect the HK loses to the PPQ because while both have the same 15+1 the HK is larger dimensionally...looks like it should be 17+1. And actually I can get the PPQ with OEM 17 round mags if I was so inclined.

Of course the DA/SA P-07 already fills my primary carry role but I want another striker fired as I tend to prefer the consistency of the trigger on a striker and don't lean towards a hammer fired DAO. So for example I would take the P320 over the P250 while they both represent a consistent trigger. Even though I carry with a safety and no decocker so I carry cocked and locked and as such am effectively SAO (consistent trigger) with the P-07. Hmmm.

I brought up the Shield because I don't NEED a pistol of this size as I already have a piece to fill this role. So I think I would appreciate a smaller single stack and in this lower capacity/smaller/lighter role I think the Shield would get the nod. Trigger is supposed to be pretty good right out of the box...fairly cheap too. 7+1/8+1 is alright I suppose but I have a feeling I could get to really like a less bulky conceal piece if I carried one for a while.

Right now I think I am leaning towards the PPQ. Compared to the VP9, It seems like the controls are tighter, the weight is lighter, the dimensions are smaller, the trigger is better, the mags are cheaper, I can get (slightly) higher capacity if I want, it is overall cheaper and quality is outstanding. Of course the polymer sights might not stay on it too long...and I think I would want to try the M1 over the M2, even though my first instinct is to go for the M2.

Hmmm. Maybe a PPQ and a Shield? Or wait on the PPQ and just pick up a Shield to try it and save money? But the Shield doesn't have an ambi slide release, just ambi mag release, which is a drawback for me.

LOL I am having a hard time here. I feel like a dog chasing his own tail :laugh:
Well then, the answer is easy..... get them all :D

Sounds like you can't go wrong any of them. I know what you mean though, I go through the same thing whenever I'm buying a new gun.

·
Official n00b
17,214 Posts
Speaking of new guns, I picked up a Remington 870 on Saturday.

Originally I was looking for an 870 with a 20" rifled barrel, but this one (not rifled) popped up at the gun store down the street from me for a good price. So for now I'll be using foster slugs.

Got it used for $275, if it's used I couldn't tell. The wear on the bolt was from me racking slide. Not a fan of the Blackhawk Knoxx furniture on it, so that's coming off and a Magpul SGA stock and fore end will be here tomorrow. (If anyone wants the pistol grip set up its for sale, $50 for the stock/fore end to members)

Took it out on Sunday and put about 30 slugs and 50 shells of birdshot through it. Set up some targets about 100 yds away for the slugs. Hell, it's as accurate as I am so no complaints there. The bullet in the top left of the fire extinguisher was 5.56 NATO. You guessed it, the big gaping hole was from the slug.

I hit it again right on the crown of the extinguisher. Thing has a hell of a force behind it on impact.

If I had to guess why the guy sold it, I'd say it was because of the kick. This thing has some shit behind it when you're firing slugs. It's awesome. :)

ImageUploadedByMO Free1471360095.933567.jpg

ImageUploadedByMO Free1471360119.548869.jpg

ImageUploadedByMO Free1471360131.803192.jpg

ImageUploadedByMO Free1471360589.788247.jpg

10001 - 10003 of 10003 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.