Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Probable just an exhaust hanger or a heat shield or some other "hang-on" that is a little loose and rattles when the engine vibrates at a certain amplitude. I see this all the time in cars. it starts at a certain RPM and goes away above a certain RPM. It is within that range of RPM's that whatever it is reacts to the vibration frequency of the engine. kind of like how things in your house or car rattle when the bass notes of the music you are playing hit a certain frequency, but you can have the high notes playing loud enough to wake up aunt Edna and nothing rattles. If it were valves or lifters or bearings etc. once it started at 4500rpm, it would not stop at higher rpm's.

P.S. If it's really a pink scooter, please disregard all of my statements and seek psychological councelling at once. The rattle is between your ears.:D[}:)]:D[}:)]

------

If your butt itches, your fingers probably stink!

·
Registered
21 Posts
i doubt it is normal and im not sure what it is.... i think its valves.... it starts at 4500 rpm if its reved slowly... if its reved quickly its more like 5 or 5.5 not quite as noticable.... but when i let off the throttle it rattles fairly loudly at 4.5 again.... what could this be?
thanks
--Krash

·
Registered
21 Posts
haha no the pink scooter is only for nights out on the town! haha JUST KIDDING.... Anyway yea at about 6k or higher RPM i dont notice a thing..... i guess i need to do a Real good once or twice over and check everything real well..... the engine sounds good and runs strong so i couldnt figure it out... hince why im here haha... anyway thanks... later

------

Krash

·
Mad Hatter
1,318 Posts
i had the same problem. it was deemed normal. check your chain tho.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I get that every once in a while. A search of the inside of the fairing usually turns up a few small stones rattling around.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Damn dude, I have the same thing happen on my 99. It sounds like a vibration right under the tank. On the left side is kinda where I tracked it to. It's soooo f---ing annoying. It almost sounds like a float or something in the carb just rattling around. I'm going to be pissed if it's normal, but if anyone finds out exactly what it is, post up so I can get it fixed.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.