Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I just started these off and on, like some said i went from 10mph, to 12mph, to 16mph... what happens at 20? lol. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the first picture is at 15mph (the shot is on the way up) The mid pic is 16mph (peaked and held for a second or 2 before i released the break) and the last is at about 14mph (on the way down). All of them i breaked fairly hard. I'm a big chicken, so I'm taking these slow really slow lol. Thanks for the comments guys!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I promise you, if you take it SLOW, you will be okay. Just remember to let go of the break if you think your going up to fast. Start at 5mph, slowly progress from there... sometimes it will lift when your ballsy sometimes you grasp the break to lite cuz you get scared, somtimes it will crush your nutz into your tank, but your learning. Before no time you will get the main idea of how much break you need in relation to how much speed. just hold on with your knees and straighten your elbows and go slow. If it takes 10 days, you can still say on the 10th day you got it up a foot or 2. <--- if my typing sounds ruff, i've been up for a while and a little tired, my run on sentences and spelling don't help, and I'm to lasy to re-read and re-type. PM me if you need to ask me something i mite be able to help with. Again i just started these so i kinda know whats goin on inside your head... ride safe

·
Registered
785 Posts
Originally posted by RawSaki636
I promise you, if you take it SLOW, you will be okay.
wrong... even the best still flip/wash out stoppies.

Originally posted by RawSaki636
Start at 5mph, slowly progress from there...
i think a fast, low stoppie is safer than a slow, high stoppie. dont' come in at 5mph, come in at 30 or so. you'll see, it's not that scary.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I agree i'm not an expert at stoppies or anything but when i started doing them it definately felt safer at higher speeds if that makes any sense. start at about 40-50 and just squeeze the brake harder until it comes up. when you try them at slower speeds you have to jam on the breaks and it will come up too fast not as much control. and when you start at 40-50 by the time its coming up your only doing about 20 or so.

·
Registered
854 Posts
yes it's better to try them at a certain speed then just to brake to a dead stop because it comes up so quick and you could flip it easy...but i wouldn't recomend 50 mph...that's just way too fast and if the front tire isn't warm you can dump the bike by locking the front tire...

i practiced mine from about 30 mph and then i went slower once i learned them...here's a video of me learning
http://www.sektor-xii.com/video/stoppiesession.wmv

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i would pee myself kiN lol... i don't know why it felt safer (though it isn't) going slow for me... that fast shit looks hard... I think im scared of "locking up" the fronts.... i a big bad...yella belly....

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
roy... are you trying to kill me... i think your trying to kill me... yep. you are.

i will try it your way KiN, since i have to keep an open mind.

·
Registered
249 Posts
wow you peeps got it all wrong ed good looking. Ok when on your approach for your stoppie you dont wanna jam the brakes you wanna flow with the bike in one quick motion you wanna roll your hips distribute you weight over the gas tank your and locking out your arms if you have a dampener use it its fairly easy to tank slap. Next as the bike is coming up use the brakes to get you to the point where your falling in and out of the brake you dont wanna float the bike but by locking yourself out you will actually be higher than you think vid attached

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.