Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard a lot of things about the possible changes for 07, body work, MotoGP style exhaust, maybe a redesigned 599 and/or gearbox (hopefully with a slipper), possibly fly-by-wire throttle. Anyone have any good photoshop renderings or rumors about it? This looks good to me:

http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/News/2007_honda_cbr600rr_and_kawasaki.htm

Will post pics here in a bit, I'm still in class [:M95]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes you went a little too far on that limb, you notice a huge difference with a slipper clutch. When you downshift from lets say 5th gear down to 3rd the slipper clutch allows the rear wheel to catch up with the engine speed resulting in a smooth progression, where without that slipper clutch you get rear wheel chatter. I am no motorcycle mechanic and know little about bikes except this and a few other things. Go try out a bike with a slipper and one without.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by superman51
Yes you went a little too far on that limb, you notice a huge difference with a slipper clutch. When you downshift from lets say 5th gear down to 3rd the slipper clutch allows the rear wheel to catch up with the engine speed resulting in a smooth progression, where without that slipper clutch you get rear wheel chatter. I am no motorcycle mechanic and know little about bikes except this and a few other things. Go try out a bike with a slipper and one without.

I'll go farther down the limb and guess you don't know why I said that.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by Korbannc
I've heard a lot of things about the possible changes for 07, body work, MotoGP style exhaust, maybe a redesigned 599 and/or gearbox (hopefully with a slipper), possibly fly-by-wire throttle. Anyone have any good photoshop renderings or rumors about it? This looks good to me:

http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/News/2007_honda_cbr600rr_and_kawasaki.htm

Will post pics here in a bit, I'm still in class [:M95]
Welcome to KawiForums, please use the search feature before posting "news"
This website's info has been discussed for a couple months on here already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.