Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im new to the whole wheeling thing. i have a 03 zx6r and i can get it up and ride it for a split second and then let it down. my question is how do you know were the balance point is? ive had to friends loop there bikes trying to ride a wheelie out and was trying to avoid that.

·
Registered
315 Posts
ive been struggling myself to find the balance in 2nd gear. im very comfortable taking it higher and higher but it just never seems like i get there. try third gear. if youre any good at wheelies you should be able to hit balance there at about 100 to 110 mph. thats the only gear i can find it in, but landing it is kind of scary. just make sure you wheel is straight. if you have a stock bike you probably have to take the fairings off to get 3rd, but its worth it;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
If you can find a point in your wheelie where you are no longer accelerating, you've reached the balance point. Just steady throttle to maintain your speed & wheelie.

AL

You never know how fast you can go, until you crash.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
minytrker im doing sit downs and im pretty high its just i thinking im reaching red line alittle to fast.

·
Registered
999 Posts
If your hitting the rev limiter, you are not high enough. If you can have someone video you you will see your not as high as you think. I know it mau seem high but in sitdowns you have to have the bike really high. In 2nd if you can see in front of you the bike is not high enough.

2002 954RR
2001 ZX6R (stunt bike)

http://home.sc.rr.com/minytrker/bike.htm

·
Registered
768 Posts
There's the hump which is about 1 degree past the "OH CRAP" point. This is when the bike feels light.

Then there's the balance point which is about 10 degrees past the "OH CRAP" point. At this point the bike requires very little throttle to keep up.

Darkdan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.
http://danellyn.thedarktruth.com/theory.swf

·
Registered
401 Posts
In 1st gear, where is the balance point? I get to that OH CRAP point and i can ride about a half block, but then its redline and coming down. I do sit downs. I heard its easier doing stand ups, but when do you stand up?

·
Registered
19 Posts
i can balance mine better in 3rd...ive geared my bike down some though....went down 1 tooth on front, and up 2 on the back sprocket. and the stand ups, i usually stand up as the bike comes up...i'll clutch it in 2nd and stand up while the bike is coming up...it takes practice....get it balanced out and ride a wheelie 2 weeks long, but like i said, i can balance mine out better in 3rd.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.