Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some parts for sale and I want to be paid more than they are worth on the black market.
I did not include pictures so you will have to guess what those parts are and what sort of condition they are in.
I would like to be as vague as possible while getting maximum dollar for my parts.
I would also like to see as many people as possible replying to this thread to ask the basic questions that I could have eliminated by posting pictures and giving a good description of the parts for sale in the very first post.
I ONLY accept PayPal because I trust no one and I am an investor in PayPal, so the more money PayPal makes from the mistrust of people, by people, the more money I make. If you are not an investor of PayPal but use them, thanks for the profits derived from a false sense of security based on your root lack of trust, you'll still get screwed.
Also, this is just a FEELER, I may or may not actually sell these parts, it depends on whether or not I can get overpaid for them. Even with the millions of parts that have sold on Ebay and the many thousand parts that have sold on this site that I could use as a reference, I still have no clue what they are actually worth and will rely on my own arbitrary sense of value of these parts. Plus an inflated guess of what shipping would be, if shipping were by a slow team of former laboratory mice driven by a chain-smoking ex-circus monkey that stops at every tavern that ends in "Inn" or "Place." His estimated bar tab will be included in the estimated price for shipping.

Mods, feel free to make this a sticky as an example of how NOT to write a "For Sale" post. ;)

To those that actually describe their parts for sale AND include a picture, THANK YOU! :thumbup:

Jeezuz....

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have some parts for sale and I want to be paid more than they are worth on the black market.
I did not include pictures so you will have to guess what those parts are and what sort of condition they are in.
I would like to be as vague as possible while getting maximum dollar for my parts.
I would also like to see as many people as possible replying to this thread to ask the basic questions that I could have eliminated by posting pictures and giving a good description of the parts for sale in the very first post.
I ONLY accept PayPal because I trust no one and I am an investor in PayPal, so the more money PayPal makes from the mistrust of people, by people, the more money I make. If you are not an investor of PayPal but use them, thanks for the profits derived from a false sense of security based on your root lack of trust, you'll still get screwed.
Also, this is just a FEELER, I may or may not actually sell these parts, it depends on whether or not I can get overpaid for them. Even with the millions of parts that have sold on Ebay and the many thousand parts that have sold on this site that I could use as a reference, I still have no clue what they are actually worth and will rely on my own arbitrary sense of value of these parts. Plus an inflated guess of what shipping would be, if shipping were by a slow team of former laboratory mice driven by a chain-smoking ex-circus monkey that stops at every tavern that ends in "Inn" or "Place." His estimated bar tab will be included in the estimated price for shipping.

Mods, feel free to make this a sticky as an example of how NOT to write a "For Sale" post. ;)

To those that actually describe their parts for sale AND include a picture, THANK YOU! :thumbup:

Jeezuz....
If you do decide to sell it, I'll take your rear shock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wasn't this supposed to be posted under an "I'm a Newbie" ID?
And don't forget these are being listed for your next door neighbor's girlfriend's cousin's brother-in-law because they are the only people in the country that have no access to a computer.
The serial numbers were accidentally scratched off when he tried to polish them?
Only 'minor' scratches and normal wear and riding.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I like the ad's that say "may part out or sell whole.. " leaving one to guess or plead or as the poster wants to over bid for said parts/bike.

Or the endless self posts to move the overpriced parts ad back up to the top of the forum. and my favorite:

"what no one needs gear/parts?!?!?"

did i miss the "make me an offer?" one? Surely not as I think it is easily the worst way to sell parts/or bikes.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And don't forget these are being listed for your next door neighbor's girlfriend's cousin's brother-in-law because they are the only people in the country that have no access to a computer.
That's one that I forgot, I wish that I had remembered to include that part, good one. :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts