Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im so frustrated with my bike i have a 2003 zx9r previous owner had lowering links and had it set to the middle link he was about 5'6in timberland boots well im 6 foot even 220 ponds used my t-rex stands for the front and back stands and used a jack to take the pressure off the shock using a 4 pound sledgehammer and a loooong flat head screw driver i backed the top of the spring up along with putting the rear links back to the stock level height the problem im having now is the rear shock feels real saggy what can i do to have a stock ride height without the rear saggy tothe point its rubbing the undertail?

two steps away from selling this bike as is for 3 grand
:mad: tomorrow if its sunny out ill do a video via youtube so u can see exactly what im talking about

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also im not a street racer road racing rider i just riding my bike back and forth to bike nights and alil weekend rides arond baltimore

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
the rear spring needs to be preloaded, if you backed the collar off all the way it will sag a lot. It should only sag about 1" to 1.5" when you sit on it.

the upper mount for the shock is also adjustable....that steel clevis has a threaded stud on the top. There should be a spacer or nut between the upper mount and the frame mount (along with another nut on the top of the frame mount).

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
those collars you spun up with a screw driver and hammer....those preload the spring in the shock. Run them back down, probably to very near where they were.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts