all polished and chromed = DONE nah

99 6R
00 Dakota R/T
96 S-10 lowrider

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
99 6R, 02 nose, Hindle full system, jetted, -1 fr. sprocket, Targa undertail & solo seat, frame slider, Corbin seat, Double bubble, flushmounts & integrator, polished frame, swingarm, subframe, fairing stay, rotors, sprocket cover, peg brackets, fork tubes, & heel guards, and chrome wheels from Alum-a-chrome.

99 6R
00 Dakota R/T
96 S-10 lowrider

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Very nice bike. I really like the color.

Ken - Yellow '02

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
very nice....

looks like you did alot of work...

now just dont wreck it ;)

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Two thumbs up Scott.

Are you gonna ride it or mount it on the wall? [:p] That's art work you got there.

Chrome rims rock.

-Flash

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bangin ninja scott one of the finest 99's out there. Paint & polish look sharp.

If you don't mind I gotz a question ? Does the 00-02 nose directly bolt on or do you have to fabricate tabs and fairing stays for it ?

How about the ram air and instrument cluster along with the wiring harness do you have fabricate and splice. Reason i'm asking is cause because that will be my spring project and it looks like you know what youre doing. Nice bike again.

Lee

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK I've been getting alot of emails and questions about the conversion. Its pretty easy, it all bolts right on except the gauges. You need the fairing, headlight and wiring harness, gauge bracket, ram air screen, tubes, and covers, and windscreen. I made brackets to hold the 99 gauge cluster from that metal strapping w/ the holes in it- works great. The wiring is easy- the bike wiring plug has 5 wires and the 00 lights use 6( the 6th is the small center light). I took the 00 plug apart( gently get the terminals out of the plug). Here's the wiring( w/ colors).

bike side --------- 00 side
white/red --------- red/black
green --------- green/red
white/yellow --------- red/yellow (tap the red in here also)
grey --------- grey/red
black/yellow --------- black/yellow

You have to splice the red wire into the red/yellow (headlight power) wire- the small light goes out w/ the high beam but who cares right. Plug the wires into the bike side plug then shrink wrap or elec. tape each one seperately, then when done elec. tape the whole thing to the plug. Dont forget to hook up the blinkers too. Done - go ride

99 6R w/ 02 nose
00 Dakota R/T
96 S-10 lowrider

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the input scott. I've had my 99 zx6r since 99 and still love it but this season I wanted to do something different with it. I was gonna do the conversion or put a 916 or euro nose on it to get away from the cyclops look. Thanks again
Damn your bike is nice and original.

Lee.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Definetly a good looking machine. I like the chrome look. Doesn't matter how many bikes have it, chrome looks good on all of them! Good job[8D]

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.