Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
I bought those too. they've been shipped out..should be here (Honolulu,HI) by next week.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
If not those, the Vortex jobbies are great too. I've yet to test them out but they do have replacealbe Delrin™ sliders and an aluminum base.

Dan Kyle is the man, but for the same amount of money why not go with something a little more useful.

Check out www.kneedraggers.com for those sliders.

·
Registered
443 Posts
i have the sato frame sliders. i low-sided my bike bike at the track at about 50mph. it slid on the left side. ground down the slider, scraped the left panel and shaved down a piece of my tail section. the bar end and the end of the the clutch level have some scrapes on them..
upper fairing was never damaged. nothing broke..just cosmetic shit. i'll take a picture later tonight.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I gotta say that when it comes to service Dan Kyle is THE MAN! If he can get you Vortex gear then do it up. $15 to replace the Delrin™ slider versus $80 to replace both sliders when you only need one makes more sense to me.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Originally posted by Strong Bad

I gotta say that when it comes to service Dan Kyle is THE MAN! If he can get you Vortex gear then do it up. $15 to replace the Delrin™ slider versus $80 to replace both sliders when you only need one makes more sense to me.

Strong,
how do you like the NRC engine cover? i need to replace the stocker.
if you don;t ming me asking, how much for the left side with gasket and where did you purchse it?

i also just purchased the Vortex slider kit.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Hotbag,

I got the NRC covers from www.totalperformanceracing.com I don't remember what the total was on them and I haven't had a chance to test them! LOL

I did purchase spare gaskets for either side, I think it was less than fifteen bucks but that's because I still get my discount at the dealer I used to work at. I didn't need to use them and I'll tell you why.

When you remove the stock covers, loosen the bolts all the way around but not too much, maybe a few turns to the point where they're loose. DO NOT PULL ON THE COVER YET! Next, you take a rubber mallet and and gently tap the cover all the way around. Once you've done that, give it a tug and see where that gets you. You'll have to feel for it, and you might have to do some more tapping in certain areas to get everything to come off.

When in doubt, replace the whole gasket, the last thing you want is a leaky cover! Also, make sure you pick up some gasket sealer, I recommend Yamabond. You'll need it to seal up the rubber gasket that has the wiring for the stator running through it. If you don't use it there you'll be sure to wind up with a leaky cover.

Email me if you've got any more questions and I'll be glad to help! Here's some diagrams with torque specs in them....

·
Registered
443 Posts
strong,
thanx so much for the input and directions. i will order he NRC covers this week and install them as soon as i get them. if i have any questions, i'll just ask ya :)

thnx again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.