Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I Had a nail in my rear tire yesterday so I removed the wheel and took it to my local shop to get a new tire put on. When I got it home I was putting it back together and while lifting the rim between the swing arm the collar on the sprocket side fell off. So I picked it up and went to re-install it I noticed it fits both ways however the inside of the collar has a taper and if I install it one way there is a gap between the wheel bearing and the collar, turn it around and the gap is facing the swingarm. Has anyone experienced this? I wish it was like the opposite collar and only could be installed one way. Sorry for the long winded description, I just dont want to screw something up.
Thanks for any help..

·
Registered
702 Posts
The collar fits tight against the swingarm. The taper goes next to the bearing. You should be able to tell for sure by looking at the grease left on the collar. Doesn't it have a little left on it so you can tell which end was inside the seal?
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Both collars should each have a distinct wear band running around one end. Thats the end that goes into the seals on each side of the wheel.

The collar that has the larger diameter end on one side goes on the right side of the wheel (not chain side) against the rear brake bracket. The thin end goes into the seal on that side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.